Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

July 21st - White Light - AR2565 / AR2567

paulastro

Out early, but by the time I had taken a few HA frames the cloud came in.  Blue patches appeared again around 8.30 am and I managed to grab some frames.  It was very frustrating as cloud almost continuously interfered - some high altitude cloud was particularly stubborn!  The seeing was also very poor and I had to take more frames than I care to say to get anything worthwhile.  Still, I was pleased to get what I did as the two main ARs had changed quite a bit since yesterday and there was lot's of fine structure - not all shown in my pics alas.  Single frames taken with the Equinox 80, Lunt H Wedge and Olympus E-M10 at 100 asa.  The full disk taken at 9.44 am on 1/3200 sec and the close up at 9.33 am on 1/640 - with the addition of a x2 barlow.

P7210423a.jpgP7210363b.jpg

4 hours ago, Radec said:

Nice images there Paul. You have captured the granulations well in the close-ups.

High cloud has been a constant pain, but at least we can see the sun

Keith

Thanks Keith.  Of course you're quite correct, any sun is better than no sun - well, most of the time!  :grin:

4 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, 90% cloud here too, well done for beating the weather and getting some cracking shots.thanks, clear skys ,charl,

Many thanks charl.  I'm quite busy doing family errands for the next two days, so I'm hoping to get one more shot of it out of the two before it goes out of view.  I quite like seeing squished up spots near the limb, we should get some nice faculae.  Do your best to get some shots if I can't charl please :smile:.

2 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

It will soon be gone unfortunately, hopefully one more view!

I agree with you there Pete, I'm a bit tied up the next couple of days, but as I said to charl, I'm hoping to get lucky on one of the two days if my down time coincides with blue sky  :smile:.  Hopefully someone will manage to take some pictures and post them up.

Great result Paul. Your descriptions of the weather exactly matches what's happened down here in the SE. Hoping for better conditions tomorrow/Saturday for one last go at this special group

2 hours ago, Iainp said:

Great result Paul. Your descriptions of the weather exactly matches what's happened down here in the SE. Hoping for better conditions tomorrow/Saturday for one last go at this special group

Thank Iain, the best of luck for tomorrow. 

Archived