Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

July 16th - White Light - Hydrogen Alpha - AR2565 - AR2567

paulastro

I managed a session when I arrived home late afternoon, from 4.50 pm to 6.05 pm.  Plenty of clear patches but swift moving cloud made it hard work for most of the time.  It's amazing how AR2567 has sprung up in the last couple of days, it makes a wonderful group along with AR2565.  HA shot with Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10, taken at 5.17 pm on 1/80 sec at 500 asa.  The WL shots were with the Equinox 80 and Lunt H Wedge.  The full disk taken at 6.01 pm, 1/2500 sec on 100 asa.  The close up of the two ARs was taken at 5.59 pm, 1/640 at 100 asa. (also with a x2 barlow)

P7161184d.jpgP7161355a.jpgP7161351b.jpg

11 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Marvellous! Those spots have grown since I saw them in the afternoon

Iain

Many thanks Iain.  It's quite exciting isn't it.  I'm hoping to have views over the next few days to follow their development - though this might be pushing my luck a bit since today was my 29th in a row :icon_biggrin:.  The rate at which AR2567 is changing we could do with taking two or three images over a day if the opportunity is there.  I hope you have many opportunities Iain as I'll then get to see your lovely high res images.  :icon_biggrin:

46 minutes ago, cshahar said:

Just great Paul. So lovely to see the classical-looking spots emerging!

-charles

Many thanks Charles.  If we have clear weather it should be really interesting to see what happens in the next few days.

3 hours ago, DrRobin said:

Nice set Paul.  I should have waited until the afternoon as well instead I took mine through the high cloud which sat over my house mid morning.

Robin

Many thanks Robin.  My morning sounds as if it was much like your own, awful!

Archived