Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'Panamerican' WIP...

ollypenrice

This is the Ha layer for our present project. The left hand pair of panels were shot with Fordos Moon last year so this year, with guest Paul, we're extending the FOV on the right. We will probably go to the left after that. We do have colour for all of this but it isn't processed yet.  Despite the shorter June nights we're copping about 12 hours' data per night using three cameras but I think a thunderstorm will probably make tonight a night off!

4%20panel%20Ha%20NAM%20WIP-XL.jpg

Olly

PS Sorry, forgot the details, so this is a 4 panel with Deneb at the top. Tak FSQ106N, Atik 11000, Mesu 200, 3nm Astrodon. About 4 hours per panel. AstroArt, Pixinsight, Regisatar and mostly Photoshp CS3. Seeing was good, no wind and SQM 21.6 to 21.7.

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

That's looking great so far Olly - I assume that you will also be going upwards in the mosaic? I think that the NAN could really do with a bit of space....... :)

Certainly, that will happen one day. By extending a little further to the right Paul and I both have Sadr region data which could go down to the Tulip. Oh no, not again!!!

Olly

Top shelf material that! I'm with Sara, up would be great!!!....SQM of 21.6 - kinda skies I dream of lol. Best I've ever had over here is 18.7 and when I image off the balcony over the city, the SQM meter gives the error message "Turn the lights off" lol......looking forward to watching this one develop. :headbang:

Stunning as always.  I often think that I like B/W Ha images of emission nebulae better than color.  The detail is so much crisper, and the illusion/projection of depth in the structures comes through so nicely...

very nice, what a feast for the eyes

looking forward to seeing the final image Olly

that's if you can restrain yourself from the ever

growing amount of panels your adding :)

at this rate your going to need a super computer

to process the data.

Paul

Archived