Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 6-6-16 08.25

xtreemchaos

well its still blank, 20 frames staxed with regi,taken with ed80, 1.5x barlow, lunt solar wedge, 1200d.coloured in photoshop.thanks for looking,clear skys charl. ps best in full viewSol 6-6-16 0825.pngSol 6-6-16 0825 col.pngt6.pngmono pic added from 09.45 60 frames staxed.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Dave, so pores are white are thay ?, ive been looking for black ones, my close up is taken with the AR127L which is cropped a bit at 9.25am. have the clouds gone from yours yet? hope so. charl.

Pores are small sunspots which have yet to develop penumbral areas surrounding them. They appear black. No idea what the bright spot in Dave's image is!!

Like this....

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Dave, so pores are white are thay ?, ive been looking for black ones, my close up is taken with the AR127L which is cropped a bit at 9.25am. have the clouds gone from yours yet? hope so. charl.

No not a spot just a "thing" :)

Yes can actually see the Sun today, first time in a month

Dave

6 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Stu, arh so im on the right track then, i take that image wasnt taken today mate ?,great image.charl.

Tee hee! That's a google images special!!

yer mate, i did look at that area with the AR127 at 180x but couldnt see anything, the only place i got a hint of anything black was where i got the close up

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Have you seen Shanes pic' in Solar observing section ? just make out something.

charl.

Well that didn't last long, just started to have a play with my new tilt adapter and the clouds are back :hmh:

Had a quick look through the LS60DS but couldn't see any spots forming, may show up better in WL.

Dave

Hi xtreemchaos - Nice image. I'm just curious, how do you get such good focus when there are no real features (sunspots) to focus on?

Yesterday I tried getting a good focus on the edge of the Sun, but when I came to process the images, the focus wasn't good enough to bring out any of the surface granularity. My setup was similar - Lunt Herschel wedge with SC filter (and uv/ir block) and a dslr. I end up with a towel over my head and computer screen, trying to see how good my focus is, but without obvious features I seem to end up with an approximation.

thanks Ant, i use the faculae, the white snakey stuff you get near the edges, i also have felttip marks on the draw tube of my scope to get me near focus when i first start, i take a pic and the check it zoomed in with the ios utilty, and a little bit of luck aswell.  clear skys charl.

1 minute ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Ant, i use the faculae, the white snakey stuff you get near the edges, i also have felttip marks on the draw tube of my scope to get me near focus when i first start, i take a pic and the check it zoomed in with the ios utilty, and a little bit of luck aswell.  clear skys charl.

:happy8: Well, you got great results with your method. I guess I need more practice, since I'm pretty new to solar imaging.

Clear skies - Tony

i only started taking images of sol last November so im still learning myself, ive been doing vis for over 40years but son brought me a camera and ive never looked back, wish id started years ago. charl.

6 minutes ago, Ant-33 said:

:happy8: Well, you got great results with your method. I guess I need more practice, since I'm pretty new to solar imaging.

Archived