ARs 2550 & 2551: Finally on Band!

cshahar

Hi Everyone:

I have been experimenting with different band widths, as I wasn't happy with the detail / contrast I was getting before, certainly not up to snuff for the Quantum filter I was using. Although high thin clouds were bothersome, and prevented me from experimenting fully, I was able to discern that center band was way to the blue wing on my unit. The difference was remarkable. This ran counter to what Daystar claimed was a well-calibrated unit. But the important thing is that I know center band is somewhere between 6561.8 - 6562.2. Here are two images at 6561.9 and 6562.0. There seemed to be very little difference between the two bands, notwithstanding the variability in seeing and transparency, although the 6562.0 has a slight edge.

-Charles

ARs 2550 2551 6561.9 .jpg

ARs 2550 2551 6562.0 .jpg

Thanks Dave. I really do hope your weather improves. We had 2.5 months of almost straight clouds last summer so I can relate to what you are saying! The sun is exceptionally quiet today so at least you know you are not missing out on any major action...

Yes, surprisingly, I can catch quite a bit of proms particularly if I bump up the exposure slightly, but even if I don't.

In fact, in post-processing I can extract proms galore. Its great to have both options...

-Charles

Archived