Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc6888 Crescent (wide field) in Ha

ChrisLX200

I had to patiently wait for Cygnus to drag itself above my hedge but it was worth the wait - so good to be able to image nebulae again! Not much imaging time at the this time of year though, so only 6 x 1200s subs captured. A long way to go yet - I'll need 3 x that number to reveal the fainter parts and reduce noise. Still, it's a start.

Taken with my NP127is refractor, Moravian G4-16000 CCD, and Chroma 3nM Ha filter. Unguided on the 10-Micron GM2000HPS. It's worth viewing the full-res image if you can:

http://astrob.in/full/249128/B/

ngc6888%20Ha%20ST%20002_zpshmyxacq0.jpg

Thanks guys!

Dave: you'll love it when you first use it, then quickly ignore it and concentrate on other things. Guiding? Oh yeah, I remember that..  ;-)

Andy: Would love to add to it but I don't know what the weather will do - Met says mostly cloudy, CO says clear until 4am. Have to wait and see what happens I guess.

ChrisH

Archived