Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury Rising

Drop Of Sun

26930797945_5e0401e14d_o.jpg

26836895602_71a955a5ce_o.jpg

26326690113_4eb88c580e_o.jpg

Hi all!

These are my first images for ages! Since switching to SDO data, I seem to have lost some drive. There is no rush to capture anything! Well, that, and life has been busy of late, plus another hobby has really hooked me that does not depend on the stoopid weather!

There was a bit of haze around, I wonder if sometimes haze helps to take some of the heat out and gives more stable seeing? Sarah said one of the live streams from elsewhere was giving pretty wobbly views? It looked decent here at the eyepiece considering it wasn't morning, when we tend to get better conditions.

I loved getting out after such a long break. I think I'd like to capture now and again, good to keep an iron in the fire!

I'll add some more later if I get around to processing them any time soon. Thanks for looking! Hope your luck was in and if not, wishing you some luck for the next cool astro thing.

---
9th May, 2016
Equinox 120, Baader Herschel Wedge, Solar Continuum filter, ZWO ASI174, TeleVue 2x Barlow, lemonade

Thanks, Charl, Alexandra, Pete, Dave, David and Robin!

Alexandra, you are too kind! Board games, of course, the only hobby that's better!

David, I need to dust my brain time as well. I had my visual lND3 filter on the Herschel wedge instead of the photographic one! Just as well I don't need to use a Bahtinov mask!

Archived