Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bird bullseye on the scope.

Ouroboros

Is a bird poo strike on the scope an omen of good luck for the evening's observing? :icon_biggrin:

I set up the scope earlier. Went in for some dinner and when I came out this ..... 

Good shooting though. Spot on the scope cap and nowhere else. 

image.jpg

Didn't a user on this site (think from Australia I believe) have a fruit bat fly over his scope whilst upright cooling down and pee in  it all over the primary mirror! Sheesh! Nature sure is mucky and smelly! Hehe! ;) 

All I can say is that it's a good thing that you left the lens cap ON :headbang:

clear skies

Robin

Indeed!  But, I did get some good fortune. Just got in after a clear night (again) here in Cornwall.  3 nights in the trot in fact. Phew! I feel like the night shift.  Tried imagining some of the galaxies in Leo and Virgo. Mars, Saturn and Antares look fantastic to the moment don't they? 

I'd say it's a good omen because you had the lens cap on. A few weeks ago I was doing some gardening and a passing Robin, for whom I had been turning up quite a lot of food, flew over me and left a substantial deposit on my head. I was told "That's good luck that is!". And indeed it was, because I was wearing a hat at the time.

10 hours ago, laudropb said:

Must have been a good omen. 3 clear nights in a row. Not had that for more than a year. Now where do I find an obliging bird.

I know! It's four nights now I think if it. Saturday night, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't manage to get to bed until 3 or 4. I'm quite relieved it's cloudy tonight. 

Archived