Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Companion Star - Now with WL Full Disk image and some Ha of AR2529

Psychobilly

Clearing Skies so have the LOHA/DMK618 setup  for the first time since the partial eclipse and the DSLR with the 600/F4L and 1.4X Extender II for WL

I am capturing data  the moment  and will process WL and HA images later but just had to share this...

One of the Robins that I hand feed shares my interest but it's probably  more interested in the dish of  mealworms along side the laptop... 

It's also been perching on the end of the 600 but I haven't grabbed a pic of that yet...

My%20Solar%20Imaging%20Star%20Companion%

Peter...

I just hope I can remeber how to process the data from the LOHA/618... Under cloud again at the moment...

I hadn't used the 618  on the Laptop since upgrading to Win10 fortunately IC Capture seems to work...

Just trying everything out ready for the Mercury Transit but having a monster Sunspot is a bonus :)

When taking the last WL run of 422 frames about a sec after I took my finger of the button a plane crossed the disc almost filling it ... AAARRRRRGGHHH

Winds picked up considerably so the clouds are scooting through a bit quicker but the Ha image is bouncing around a lot :(

Thanks  for the comments.. the first Ha was very ropey but started to remember what to do and the last couple were OK(ish)

The 600/4L  with the 1.4X allows shutter speeds of 1/4000s  @ f5.6 ISO 200 and still useful 1/2000s at f8 which helps a lot.... I used  continuous liveview AF with focus priority and Silent continuous  so was able to get 3 fps  with the AF  coming from the Dual Pixel AF of the imaging sensor... one run of 200 shots varied from 100% to 99.5% according to AS!2...

Forecast looks better for tomorrow but of "birding"...

Peter...

Archived