TMB Planetary II 4.5mm EP

Received my TMB Planetray II 4.5mm EP from eBay that I won (new, not second hand). Attached photos show it against my Celestron Omni 6mm EP for comparison. As you can see quite a lot bigger! ? Did a quick test through my small 70mm frac through the living room window on a distant chimney breast, and the view is good, a lot wider and easier to view through than the Omni 6mm EP. Of ourselves proof of the pudding is how it works on the planets and the moon, so I'll update this when I can after some testing with it on the night skies. 

BTW: as you can see in the images the green coating on the lens is very evident. There is no coating as far as I can see on the Omni 6mm. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

I think I put a couple of bids on that one but decided to just Barlow my longer local length Plossl's in the end.

Looks nice, hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks. I'm hoping that the easier viewing through the EP due to larger exit lens makes it worthwhile, plus give me better views than I currently get with my Omni 6mm for sharper details and better contrast.

4 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Thanks. I'm hoping that the easier viewing through the EP due to larger exit lens makes it worthwhile, plus give me better views than I currently get with my Omni 6mm for sharper details and better contrast.

I think you'll love it compared to a 6mm Plossl :) I can't even effectiviely use Plossls below about 8mm as the eye lens and eye relief just get too tight for comfort below that. 

Archived