Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I caught Jupiter tonight

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jupiter is awesome, i will never forget seeing it for the first time. I never finish a viewing session now without having a look. And the good thing about jupiter and the moons is they are always different thay are constantly changing ?

I managed to see it the other night thru my Bins 20x80 and was suprised i could see its moons too, thought id get my scope out later when it was a bit higher in the sky, But as normal good old british weather, Yep an hour later the sky was cloudy couldnt see anything. Im still waiting to get some pictures, luckily its rising earlier so i dont have to wait up till the early hours

Just now, Smiggsy said:

Took advantage of the break in clouds and got a good look at Jupiter tonight. Just magnificent!  Even with the bins.

Moon transit and shadows starting soon, don't know if you'll be able see it with bin's, I've been watching and waiting with 10"SCT.

Nice to have some clear skies in our neck of the woods.

Dave

Couldn't make out the moons once in front of Jupiter, even using my 2 x Barlow with my 6mm EP, but managed to see Europa at least disappear in front of Jupiter. Seeing was OK, but not good enough to make out the moons on the belts at all. Looks like others had more success. Well done! :) 

My favorite viewing of Jupiter was through my 5" F/9.3 refractor. This as I saw an absolutely perfect black-dot superimposed on one of the prominent equatorial cloud-belts. The contrast was marvelous! For just this one viewing of Jupiter was all the justification I'd ever need for buying the 5" refractor!

Jupiter remains my favorite planet to observe,

Dave

Archived