NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I got my email from Yuri at TEC : "Hi Steve, your TEC 140 will be ready in two weeks".

Now, a small matter of finding $5100 and the associated import duty! (on top of the $1200 deposit (£890) last October!).

Wow, a 5.5" quality refractor at long, long last.  I've always dreamed of a scope like this.

if I don't like the scope I'll blame Olly and Pers ;-)

Will update this thread as and when it arrives.

Get ready for the clouds as soon as it arrives..... 

33 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

I got my email from Yuri at TEC : "Hi Steve, your TEC 140 will be ready in two weeks".

Now, a small matter of finding $5100 and the associated import duty! (on top of the $1200 deposit (£890) last October!).

Wow, a 5.5" quality refractor at long, long last.  I've always dreamed of a scope like this.

if I don't like the scope I'll blame Olly and Pers ;-)

Will update this thread as and when it arrives.

Get ready for the clouds as soon as it arrives..... 

It will be an entertainng thing for Per and me to share the blame for something since we make a point of disagreeing on absoutely anything where disagreement is possible. (Some excellent dinner table conversations can attest to this!) However, no disagreement is possible with regard to the virtues of the TEC 140. I haven't actually spoken to Per about this but I feel confident in assuring you that we will, between us, take the instrument off your hands for (yes, we are generous!!) half price and bung it on Per's 10 Micron for combind projects should you not be entirely delighted...

Olly

37 minutes ago, gnomus said:

I may be able to 'play' with one of these next week.  At that price, I pray to God I don't like it!!!!!

Congrats Steve

He will desert you. You will like it. (This is the :evil4: speaking.)

I've imaged with the TEC (with '7.something' micron pixels) on an NEQ6 with no problems at all. Franck M106, another SGLer, did an Owl with this setup a while back at my place and posted it here. Depending on your pixel scale a TEC140 does not really require exotic guiding precision, nor does it require insanely fine focus/refocus between subs. This is a scope in a sweet spot. Enjoy it!!

Olly

1 hour ago, gnomus said:

If I did sell the table, I'd probably have enough for a ST80!

That's a great table Steve, I recall potting a few blues on it :)  I'll PM you tomorrow and arrange a catch-up.  A MESU is saying "buy me, buy me....."

9 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

That's a great table Steve, I recall potting a few blues on it :)  I'll PM you tomorrow and arrange a catch-up.  A MESU is saying "buy me, buy me....."

Yes those MESUs are somewhat 'verbose', aren't they.  If you bring your cue, might I suggest a shilling a frame?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived