First light ASI120MM with 150 degree lens

I thought I would give first light a go using the 150 degree all sky lens that came with the camera. It also gave me the chance to get to grips with SharpCap2.7 without too much kit to setup.

Nothing too involved, just 10-12 second lights with gamma and gain set to 50%. I'm pretty pleased with the camera so far :)   

p.s thought I'd throw in a couple of selfies; seems to be the done thing with social media now days lol 

150degree Selfie2.png

150degree1.png

150degree2.png

150degree3.png

150degreeCloud.png

150degreeSelfie.png

Very nice.  I like 'em.  Thanks for the share.:)

I use one of those cams for solar imaging.  It came with that lens, but I've never used it.  You've convinced me to give it a try... if the clouds ever go away.

Clear, Dark Skies

Nice pics Chris, they 150 degree view is really immersive and the it's amazing how much can be picked up in 10 seconds. I enjoyed picking out the constellations and feeling like I was out there. 

53 minutes ago, Lowjiber said:

Very nice.  I like 'em.  Thanks for the share.:)

I use one of those cams for solar imaging.  It came with that lens, but I've never used it.  You've convinced me to give it a try... if the clouds ever go away.

Clear, Dark Skies

Be sure to post up some pics if you do get the chance to use the lens. It would be good to see some more renditions :)

Thanks for that I've just ordered it. I hope I can get something half as good as yours. Im thinking for perseids and milky way dark site job, have you used it for anything like this? Also sorry to hijack the thread but do you think it has room for a filter? Imagine Ha fisheye!!

6 hours ago, matt-c said:

Thanks for that I've just ordered it. I hope I can get something half as good as yours. Im thinking for perseids and milky way dark site job, have you used it for anything like this? Also sorry to hijack the thread but do you think it has room for a filter? Imagine Ha fisheye!!

Hi Matt, Thanks, I'm looking forward to catching some meteors too :) 

I'm not sure about adding an Ha filter? I've only just bought the camera and the above pics were it's first light. The camera arrived with the lens attached but I've taken some pics of the lens whilst swapping over to the 1.25" nose piece. Hopefully you'll be able to see if it's possible to add a filter from the pics? Maybe adding the filter external to the lens perhaps? 

Edit: just thought, if you add the filter externally you probably wont get much of the 150 degrees?

IMG_9745.JPG

IMG_9746.JPG

IMG_9747.JPG

IMG_9748.JPG

IMG_9749.JPG

Archived