Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MY NEW ORBSEY

Hi All, I have  my new Observatory which was installed last week after a five week wait from placing the initial order. The Orbsey is manufactured in Dungannon Northern Ireland by Homeobserv Ltd. The 2.2 metre dome is made in ONE PIECE  and not in  sections. It revolves smoothly on a BNC ball bearing race system.The build quality is excellent and an inovation  in design. German made brush seals are used to keep out the weather and insects that may decide to take up residence. The build is very strong having stood up well to hurricane Imogen on an exposed site. The company is owned by Raymond Convie  who is a nice guy,helpful, and easy to deal with. Always replies to emails and phone messages.

I am delighted with my new Orbsey  Evolution4 . and hope to fully automate this summer Please see enclosed Pics.

Dave

ORBSEY3.jpg

ORBSEY4.jpg

ORBSEY6.jpg

ORBSEY1.jpg

ORBSEY2.jpg

ORBSEY5.jpg

Hi all, With a reply to Protostar. So excited about the Orbsey that I forgot to mention the equipment. Explore Scientific pillar. EQ6 Equatorial mount with Synscan. Celestron 9.1 xlt SCT. Also 6" Skywatcher F5 refractor which can be interchanged with the 9.1xlt.

Also spent a few days laying some rubber interlocking floor tiles which are primarly used on garage and factory floors. Useful protection if you accidently drop an ep.

Will post some interior pics soon (It's black in there) and thanks Jeremy for the kind remarks.

Dave

With Proto Star in mind Here is some Pics of the interior.The inside of the dome is Matt black and treated with anti-condensation chemicals.The inside of the walls are matt white. I am not sure wether to leave the walls like that or paint the interior ? The link for the Orbsey is www.homeobserv.co.uk    Dave

Inside Orbsey 010.jpg

Inside Orbsey 003.jpg

Inside Orbsey 004.jpg

Inside Orbsey 005.jpg

You are thinking on the right lines there Steve. In fact the gentleman who started me on this astronomy thing did eventually win the Lottery and now lives in the Canary Islands. When he moved I was very pleased to get his old telescope cast offs as he was buying all new gear such as a top of the range Celestron SCT New Observatory, Astro camera ect ect ect. and to make matters worse he had 180 clear nights last year. Thanks for the kind comments.

Keep buying the tickets.You never know......................regards Dave

• 2 weeks later...

There I go again...

Drool all over the keyboard. :happy9:

My current dome consists of a 32 gallon plastic trash bin.

It doesn't open, it lifts off. :hello2:

Hi, They would ship to the States, I am sure, they ship all over Europe. Take a look at the website. Homeobserve Ltd Dungannon N.Ireland Google it........It's a great site. If you buy, You may have to erect it yourself ?.................Dave

Archived