Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Recomend me a new hobby...

legion48

...because this astronomy lark is doing my head in. :cat::shocked:

I reckon 80% of my free time is devoted to astronomy. The other 20% is time wasted.

Of the 80% of my free time, 5% is spent doing astronomy, 90% is spent either planning my next astro session, surfing the astro websites, making astro purchases or reprocessing old data. The other 5% is time wasted.

Please help me...

I seem to be wasting an awful lot of time. Help me spend my available 5% wisely. :?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about knitting L48. Perhaps you could make some waterproof scope covers and sell them to the rest of us. A hobby and an income - what more could you ask for.

:shocked: A tremendous idea! I think I'd buy one :cat: Size M please

Marius

One of my my other hobbies is stamp collecting - now that can easily be as expensive as astronomy.

And I used to fly radio controlled models, another money pit - at least telescopes don´t crash - unless they are connected to computers that is.

Microscopy is popular as a second hobby to astronomy.

Using high magnifications to study the very small, rather than the very large. Great for cloudy nights!

Indeed it is Steve.

I have good Binocular and Stereo Microscopes, and my No.2 grandson (age 6), loves to collect 'bugs' around the garden, and look at their 'bits' under the microscope.

Dave

Archived