NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recomend me a new hobby...

legion48

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chap who said, "I think, therefore I am."

Bloke down the pub said that,name of Des Carte. Bit of a 'Bar Philosopher' is Des.

CW

I knew that! I was just testing you. :shocked: Actually, when you said Descartes, I said "Oops!" I was in the same bar, once.

I said "Oops!" I was in the same bar, once.

You don't have to have been in the same bar,WH to have met Des!

Of all the Bars in all the World.............. :D

There you are Tony,your new hobby....................... Barroom Philosopher! :D

Cheers

CW

Bird watching is my first choice. Today I've seen Avocets, Little Ring Plovers, a Ruddy Duck (as opposed to the usual 'ruddy clouds again' in astronomy), a Redshank, a Jackdaw, a Cuckoo, a Reed Warbler, Reed Buntings, Tufted Ducks and Common Terns. All in all, a good mornings bird watching.

All this with my £12.99 'Lidl specials' Bresser 10 x 50 binoculars and a cheap 60mm spotting scope; and I only had to travel for 11 minutes from my home to see all this. Even better, this is something my wife and I do together. (She just does 'get' astronomy.)

Archived