Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Wide

Phillyo

Taken last night unguided. Cloud rolled in during blue filter but has worked out OK considering.

L 100 x 90s
R 57 x 90s
G 54 x 90s
B 9 x 90s

Would love to capture this at a longer focal length sometime.

Comments and Criticism always welcome as this is only my first try at M33 and only about my 5th LRGB image.

Thanks,
Phil.

post-37511-0-18020300-1447510077_thumb.p

This really is a super image for 90s subs.  Well done.

A little magenta-ish in the spiral arms for my taste, perhaps some hue adjustment.  I've always found images of M33 to be relatively flat (including my own attempt of last year) and I suspect it is harder to image well than anticipated or appreciated.

I've replied to your SGP post re guider too . . . if your Lodestar is going to be many weeks before it is back, would you like to borrow my old QHY5v mono?  It is just sitting my obsy otherwise.

Barry

Hi Barry,

Just got your message on SGP, that's really lovely of you to offer. Thank you. I'm hoping the guide camera won't be too long but if I hear otherwise I'll let you know.

Telescope used was the William Optics Star 71 and it was mounted on an Avalon linear fast reverse.

Thank you all.

Phil

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That is an excellent rendition of (as Barry Wilson puts it) a target which often seems to turn out relatively flat.  For 90 second exposures, and only your 5th  LRGB image, I would say it is fantastic, and a lot more lively than some attempts at this target.  

Criticisms?  I would only say that the stars could be tightened up - no doubt guiding will help here.

Chris

Great image. I was imaging this last night too but wind and cloud did its best to spoil the party. Will be happy if I captured anything as good as you have here. Only time (and hours spent with pixinsight during the coming cloudy nights) will tell. Thanks for posting.

Archived