NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Our Glorious Moon

Beyond_Vision

I had a really cracking night last night concentrating wholly on the Moon . I spent ages going down the terminator from Plato and Archimedes to the Appenine Mountains and then on to Eratothenes followed by overlapping craters Ptolemaeus/Alphonsus/Arzachel then I got lost amongst the myriad of craters below that. The detail was amazing in moments of good seeing.

Here's an image taken with a Canon 400D ISO100 1/160th sec exposure 74 images stacked in Registax 4 with wavelets applied cropped.

5988_normal.jpeg
(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

You have captured a beautiful shot of her Kevin. I agree that simply observing the moon can be a very rewarding experience no matter how many times one does it.

I have not Imaged the moon in a long time, but I do observe it, and although there are some outstanding images delivered to this forum and other places, nothing seems to equal those moments of extreme clarity that makes you want to reach up and touch it.

Ron. :shocked:

Archived