Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IAS 2015 - 2nd & 3rd October

David Smith

Anyone going along to IAS this weekend?

I will be going Saturday for a wander around the stands. It's ideal for me this one, just around the corner from where I live!

I haven't booked my ticket or any of the talks this year but those that I have attended in the past have been informative.

Leaving my wallet at home this year :Envy::police:

I'll be going. I'm glad I checked the website as they've moved to a different site this year. I would of ended up going to the old place! Haven't got anything in particular in mind to buy so will be just window shopping I think.

Paul

Ticket booked for the Friday.  Annoyingly I now have to do the school picked up, so it will have to just be a quick tour in the morning and be off by 1pm.  Need a couple of minor things (tube rings, couple of adaptors, etc) but want to check out the William Optics Star-71 scope :)

Ticket booked for the Friday.  Annoyingly I now have to do the school picked up, so it will have to just be a quick tour in the morning and be off by 1pm.  Need a couple of minor things (tube rings, couple of adaptors, etc) but want to check out the William Optics Star-71 scope :)

Ooh well, did more than check it out :D.  Looking lovely and clear out there, hope this scope lives up to expections...........

star71_zpsrit71gx9.jpg

I went today and found the venue was ok. Didn't seem as cramped due to the bigger floor space. I expect tomorrow will be busier though. Brought myself a T-ring and adaptor to fit a Nikon D70 dslr which I've pinched off my dad!

It was like that yesterday for me too; but it wasn't as bad as 50m visability.

Plenty of nice books on show, and kit. Only one observatory this year, so maybe they've realised these aren't easy items to exhibit or sell, but still lots of hassle to set up.

Have fun driving and be careful.

James

Just back, a long day, but very worthwhile, my first Astro show, but a great talk from Dr. Argo, was a bit of background noise, but fine with the headphones, a good price for a Televue Panoptic and some books from the Webb Deep Sky folks. Wish they'd sort the roadworks and diversions out coming off the M6 - got a little lost. Great to meet Ian King and the guys from Green -Witch too. I'd go again next year for sure.

Archived