NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 31st Jul 2015

David Smith

Early start today with clear skies forecast. Lovely blue skies with just a few clouds around but seeing was not the best with the solar image shifting and bubbling some. I have some more CaK ser's to play with later but the FD's are in the bag.

20155626072_c7d637ff29_k.jpg20150731 by David Smith, on Flickr

19975693830_a73e8bba65_k.jpg20150731mono by David Smith, on Flickr

20155923322_d6f6ab6575_b.jpg20150731_CaK_FD by David Smith, on Flickr

Nicely done as per David, just been having a browse around with Quark, some nice proms and filaprom ? lot's of high cloud / contrails ATM seeing looks reasonable though will have a go at imaging if it gets better.

Dave

Very nice.

Question: Are you shooting these as mosaics?

Yes and no. White light full disk fits on the dslr frame but I use a 0.5x reducer to get the CaK in two panes. When I get enough clear sky to try it, I will try a CaK mosaic sans reducer but lately it's been nothing but grab it quick before the clouds return!

Nicely done as per David, just been having a browse around with Quark, some nice proms and filaprom ? lot's of high cloud / contrails ATM seeing looks reasonable though will have a go at imaging if it gets better.

Dave

I had a look for CaK proms this morning and shot a couple of ser files. Will have a go at processing them later.

Nice set David, your CaK images are certainly impressive.  7am (BST), wow that was early, just before me and I am currently 2 hours ahead, you must have a good view looking east.

Robin

Archived