Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I got that ringed Planet finally and 1st ever

Very nice - well done!

I'm guessing you didnt do colour align routine - hope you dont mind I did this with your final image.

Do this in Registax before anything else and it should loook better.

Have fun!

post-33831-0-42302300-1435752974.png

Tom , that's awesome what you could do with that image . How did you get that blue fringe to vanish , I tried for hours changing its color trying to get it to the correct color but, I need to learn a good workflow for this Planet. I did take it thru reg6 stack and wavelets, I'll have to the color routine . Original Fits file is in mono and I converted a copy in bitmap, png and jpeg and should I just process 1st in b/w and then again in color and stack?

Not quite sure of your current workflow - I dont think BMP files should be used though.

I work in colour and output from AS!2 in Tiff format, and then open the tiff in Registax to process. Do colour align before anything else - click on rgb align, drag yellow box to correct size and plave over image, then click "estimate". This should align the RGB components which have been transversely displaced due to atmospheric dispersion.

When do your wavelets and whatever else.

Good luck!

Michael, I didn't know whether to like your reply or just not respond. So in response to your comment "it took 2 yrs. of trying + to image any planet I told everyone big things were happening. I'll \do my best always thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

That's a very nice first image, however I see a little chromatic abberation showing up. You can make this less pronounced by going into an image editing program and separating the R, G and B channels into layers to re-align them.

(p.s. CA in images makes my head go funny because my glasses have CA, that means I can correct it myself by looking through the edge of my glasses!... I need a new pair.)

Archived