Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Little Flare Anim from May, 2015

Luke

Hi all,

Thanks to another poor weekend, I caught up on stacking some old files and dug out this little animation, which spans about five to ten seconds, where I was lucky to catch a bit of flaring starting up.

Thanks for looking, Luke

18637745180_d4e327ed20_o.gif
---
9th May, 2015
Equinox 120, Quark Chromosphere, Grasshopper 3 camera (ICX687), 0.5x reducer, firelighters

Thanks, everyone, appreciate the comments :laugh:

Dave, seeing was definitely better than one from December that I also stacked over the weekend :eek:  :grin:

Craig, I hope we finally get some nice sunny weekends soon! This animation business under UK skies seems optimistic at times :grin:

Luke, I think your processing times are in keeping with the physical properties of the Sun - the light takes thousands of years to reach the surface, minutes to reach your camera and then thousands of hours to reach the surface again :p

Fortunately when it does reach the surface it is as spectacular as this animation :shocked:

minutes to reach your camera and then thousands of hours to reach the surface again :p

You're not wrong, I have just been playing around with images from the partial eclipse!! I finally got around to stacking them, trying to cope with the moving silhouette!

Archived