NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very cheap XW's on ABS.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a 14mm and a 20mm XW on ABS, very cheap for these.

didnt recognise you without your vest on :grin:

Very good prices for those :smiley:

The 40mm XL is quite tempting too. Trying to get a 40mm XW is like finding hens teeth.

like lumicon 2" oiii filters john

I was looking into the Xw's when searching for a 20mm, £280 from flow, so on ABS is a massive bargain.

Settled on a maxvision in the end, my wallet told me where to shove my edge of field sharpness!

oh dear I fear faulksy will show you his ethos later......RIP wallet!

I saw it about 3 minutes after it came up and thought I buy the lot and then thought now your only doing this because they are very well priced. So i posted the heads up no more than 10 minutes after, I will be upset if a member doesn't get at least one of the four there, wish I had acted quicker now.

alan

It was last week end at my Son's 8th birthday party, hense the ballons, I thought it was time for a change, different sunglasses too.

Alan

Ah right, I think I need to go to specsavers, for some reason, when I glanced at your new photo, I thought that you were playing a banjo.

Very tempting but I have 3.5mm which don't get a lot of use covered with a Delos and even if the 2.5mm was 50 quid it is really too short for my scopes. Guess I could buy a shorter scope though, now that sounds like a plan.

I was looking into the Xw's when searching for a 20mm, £280 from flow, so on ABS is a massive bargain.

Settled on a maxvision in the end, my wallet told me where to shove my edge of field sharpness!

oh dear

oh dear I fear faulksy will show you his ethos later......RIP wallet!

:grin: :grin:

Very tempting but I have 3.5mm which don't get a lot of use covered with a Delos and even if the 2.5mm was 50 quid it is really too short for my scopes. Guess I could buy a shorter scope though, now that sounds like a plan.

I thought the same thing, reverse engineering by buying a shorter scope :grin:

5mm is rock bottom at my focal length.

He's not listing anymore, I asked.

Chris,

I have many eyepieces and to jump on them is just greedy really even though they are very well priced, too cheap really. I also cast my mind back to last nights thread even though we were wrong to think this. I always try and put out a Heads Up for other members if I don't want something myself . Thank you for the kind words, it is nice to know it is appreciated.

Alan

I thought the same thing, reverse engineering by buying a shorter scope :grin:

5mm is rock bottom at my focal length.

He's not listing anymore, I asked.

I have the 5mm Nagler coming tomorrow which I paid 160 for and I thought that was a good buy too.

I go down to 3mm in Radians for my APO and M/N 190mm but 2.5mm is maybe Moon only at a push, I also have the 3/6mm Nagler zoom covering the low end as well, my it is tempting though.

Alan

You're right Alan, I'm curious about Pentax eyepieces, I've never tried them, but I have 2x20 ep's already. He's asked me if I want the XW20 but I'll leave it for someone who could do with that focal length.

As for last nights thread, I'm still reflecting on that one!

I have the 5mm Nagler coming tomorrow which I paid 160 for and I thought that was a good buy too.

I go down to 3mm in Radians for my APO and M/N 190mm but 2.5mm is maybe Moon only at a push, I also have the 3/6mm Nagler zoom covering the low end as well, my it is tempting though.

Alan

Congrats on the 5mm Nag Alan, that will be very nice indeed :)

I would like to try a Nag against my Luminos at long focal ratio at some point. I missed a nice 7mm the other day which would have been perfect for testing against my 7mm Luminos (which seems surprisingly good so far, well at long focal ratio of course).

Sale pending on the 20mm I see. 

Sale pending on the 40mm, did you go for it in the end John?

No Chris, I maintained my discipline for a change :angel:

I have the 31mm Nagler and the 21mm Ethos so I'm quite well covered. Like Alan I've had a habit of buying eyepieces out of curiosity only to sell them on again. I have the 5mm and 3.5mm XW's, I used to have the 7mm for a while and I've had the 30mm and 10mm on loan for testing / review in the past. All great eyepieces although I think the 10mm and shorter XW's are my favourites from the range.

I've also owned a set of the Nagler T6's in the past including the 2.5mm but that one, though an excellent piece, caused my floaters to be just to distracting :rolleyes2:

It was trying a 10mm XW and comparing it to the T6 9mm Nagler that led me to the Ethos eyepieces in a roundabout way, as it happens :smiley:

As a complete contrast to this expensive glass, over the past few nights I've been using a simple and cheap 6.3mm TAL plossl while I get the TAL 100 sorted. It's a bit humbling really that a £20 eyepiece can put up such nice images :smiley:

Chris,

i think I have had all the Nagler range apart from the very short ones and the two long T4 offerings, I still have 5 of them. As eyepieces they are excellent and of course sharp to the edge but they all have a degree of edge distortion and on some things that gets to me, silly but it does. I some ways I prefer the Meade UWA range which I am guessing is is on a par with Celestrons Luminos range, Meade UWA's do have some edge distortion but not as much, the down side is the edges are not as sharp.

Sometime I want my cake and being able to eat it.

Well I think we've all gone very well in restraining ourselves :grin: 

I guess this is a thought, we really are spoiled kit wise now days, I totally take 100 degrees for granted now which was incomprehensible not so long ago.

I've been following your Tal thread with great interest John, I am developing a thing for long focus achros, I think I'm turning into Neil English!  

Chris,

i think I have had all the Nagler range apart from the very short ones and the two long T4 offerings, I still have 5 of them. As eyepieces they are excellent and of course sharp to the edge but they all have a degree of edge distortion and on some things that gets to me, silly but it does. I some ways I prefer the Meade UWA range which I am guessing is is on a par with Celestrons Luminos range, Meade UWA's do have some edge distortion but not as much, the down side is the edges are not as sharp.

Sometime I want my cake and being able to eat it.

I think I've heard something similar about the Delos, my knowledge is really vague but from what I remember I think you can correct one aberration really well at the expense of the other, edge sharpness at the expense of barrel distortion maybe? I really need to learn this stuff :)

Maybe I'm better off with my Luninos in my slow scopes, they have impressed me so far and its nice to have 82 degrees with good eyerelief :) 

They don't go below 7mm is the only thing.

Archived