Excited to get started

Hey guys. I'm pretty new here, and have been into astrology before joining this website, but haven't begun star gazing yet. I've done some reading on spiritual astrology to educate myself on the general scope of things, but I'm ready to do more! I just don't know what the next step really is. I'd love if y'all could point me in a good direction :)

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL. Hope you mean astronomy else you have the wrong website..if you are new to the hobby the best thing to do first is to find your local astro group and see what kit others have and what may suit you best. This might stop you making a costly mistake in buying the wrong kit.

You might enjoy exploring for free with a program like Stellarium. It's a free download.  http://www.stellarium.org/

Another good choice would be a pair of bins. Revue the section on bins here to see what others do and think of the choices.

Past these signposts, the path starts to split between Dobsonians and EQ mounts. If , by then , you find yourself liking observing, a Dobsonian gives a lot of viewing power for the money. Some choose a goto EQ mount for convenience and possible exploration of imaging. Warning, imaging can be a black hole of time and money!

Really nothing to lose with Stellarium and a pair of bins. Take your time. Have fun along the way.

Catey, you have advised us your interests lie with Astrology / Spiritual Astrology. From the foregoing threads you may now have realised that that you are swimming in the wrong pool, Astrology is a subject that does not sit well among Astronomers. No matter, if you do have an interest in Astronomy then please stay and enjoy the forum :)

Hi Catey,

Mentioning astrology always results in some leg pulling (usually gentle) on this site. Any astronomy questions you have are more than welcome.

No, that was meteorology. Get your ologies right ;)

Help me with this, which "ology" is more accurate?

You really think the OP would *want* to come back? I'd guess s/he took that exit door...I hope not, though. There *may* have been a genuine interest in astronomy there which SGL could foster...

Dont be such a nervous nelly. The OP will see that we mean well and are just yanking their leg.

However the OP did mention "spiritual astrology", So SGL is not the right forum to come looking for spiritual guidance. 

Maybe we can convert the OP to astronomy.

Archived