SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51, first light Trius 694 and 1st LRGB

Erquy

Hi,

After several years with DSLR, I took the plunge to CCD... and I wonder why I have not done it before (... pocket money of course!).

C8, F6.3; AVX mount

Guided Lodestar

Trius 694 mono (TEC -10C), sx mini filter wheel LRGB Baader, 5*300 sec each filter, total 100 min . 10 darks, 40 bias. Captured in Nebulosity 4.0

processed in Pixinsight.

Wonderfull camera and the combo is lodestar/SX FW is working great.

post-27995-0-76113500-1431175015_thumb.j

thanks for all comments. For sure I will add on data , when sky and nights allows (I am in Sweden, and nights are getting shorter, cannot start imaging before 11.00 pm now, the season is soon finished up here, to restart later in july). But I am happy for 100 min data (and the jpeg posted here is pretty bad I realise now as compared to the original -strange enough as compared to save my DSLR final image were typically giving way high size, -when resized to similar pixel w/h as above.

Olly, I read a number of your posts, yes you convinced me till my wallet permitted it ;-)

Superb, do yourself s favour, don't ever look back, stick with Mono ccd and don't chop and change like I did, its an expensive waste of time and money.

Archived