NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Holiday snap-early season Saturn

Nick Smith

Hi all

One of the last images I took on holiday with the C9.25 taken at about 0030 UT on 5th April.  Clouded out for the blue channel, which drags the whole image down a bit.  Altitude of Saturn was about 40 degrees at the time, so much easier than back at home.

original.jpg

That is a rather nice holiday "snap". Beautiful pastel colours and ring detail - sums up Saturn really! Very nice indeed! Obviously a wee bit further south than these parts!

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment, much appreciated!

That's a very nice Saturn Nick great colour too, we can only dream of that elevation in the uk just now BTW where was your holiday destination!

Don't want to make you envious:  Bottom Bay, Barbados.  Unfortunately it was cloudy for the most part.  Still managed to get something done most nights and I will post anything worthwhile as I work my way through the data.

Did you take the scope with you ?    nice to see you posting.

Yes.  Since there were four of us, I just checked in the OTA and tripod as two pieces of oversized luggage.  The EQ head went in one of the other hold suitcases and everything else (including counterweights-got asked strange questions about these).  Went in hand luggage.  Everything was within the weight allowance, so nothing extra to pay.  To be honest it was hardly any extra effort to take it.  The hire car firm at the other end were great and laid on a van at no extra charge to transport everything to the villa.  I really would have liked to have taken the C14 with me, but I would have had to leave the kids at home, which didn't seem fair...

Archived