Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter from the 17th March '15

theo

Way behind with my processing due to other commitments at the moment so this is a late post from data captured on the 17th March. This capture has been a tough one for some reason. The colour has been really difficult and i'm not really that happy with it so it will probably be subject to some reprocessing at some point. The edges could be better as well but the detail seems quite decent so I think the seeing was ok for once!!

I have quite a lot of captures so there may be others that process easier, or maybe not. Will have to see. Added the red channel as this was quite nice.

Regards,

Pete. 

post-22012-0-24633300-1427239874.jpg

post-22012-0-90940200-1427239875.jpg

Nicely done Pete & showing good detail through the equatorial Zone, I can recollect that although steady conditions, seeing was far from being good that evening & it needed the ir to rescue a somewhat weak blue in my case!

Two beautifully detailed captures Pete. GRS nicely placed. Interesting to see the 174MM in action.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks all. Much appreciated.

Stuart, yes probably more than I would normally. I think it's a case of getting used to the new camera for planetary. I'm not convinced I have the sweet spot for focal length/resolution nailed just yet as the detail looked a bit coarse. It could just be the seeing on this night though.

As mentioned though I really am not that happy with this image for quite a few reasons. I will reprocess when time permits.

Pete, so far I am impressed with the 174. It really shines on Solar imaging and I think it will be great for Lunar as well due to the very high frame rate capability at full resolution. This Jupiter image doesn't allow me to make an accurate assessment against the 120 but I am optimistic it will give an improvement.

Pete

Didn't realise this was taken with the 174 Pete. I thought the texture looked different to you're previous shots.As you say takes a while to hit the sweet spot with a new cam especially when the pixel sizes are so different. Maybe worth trying drizzle with this one?

Archived