Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One of Leo's whiskers NGC2903

Roy Batty

This was taken yesterday and although the seeing was pretty dire I'm surprised that I got half as much detail as I did :shock:

Imaged with 1 minute subs X 48, unguided, DSLR ISO1600 - stacked using DSS & processed using PS CS3.

Would have liked to have a go at this again tonight but clouds are rolling in and its blowing a bit of a gail here in somerset :rolleyes:

cheers

RB

NGC2903 27 Mar 08

4815_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks all for the comments :)

I was inspired to have a go at this target whilst browsing the Jodrell Bank monthly night sky guide - I find it always a useful point of reference.

Last nights attempts at imaging for me was a lesson in frustration, rain - wind - clear - clouds - decide to pack up - 20 Min's later clear -aaarggghhh :rolleyes:

Only ended up getting 5 Min's in the end on M51 and that's probably not worth posting as I'm fairly sure the focus got knocked (it looks a bit soft).

cheers

RB

Archived