Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 14th Dec

ReticMikee

Freezing conditions ice on scope and even on the monitor...My hairdryer has never been so busy  LOL

But more importantly no Jetstream over the UK  but  the seeing did vary during the night which I think was down to various houses around me having there heating on / off 

RGB

post-36616-0-60002200-1418583313.jpg

IR - RGB

post-36616-0-08991000-1418582957.jpg

That ir shot showing some great detail, i dont know what scope your using but looks like a dued up c plate to me, the rgb shot shows a bit of colour fringing on the limb could be down to this, & well done on capturing the grs!

Thanks Simon

Yeah spot on had major dew problems this morning

Thanks Pete

Really like the IR - RGB some purists don't but I think it's cool

My mistake, I said R instead of IR. Still it has worked well here. If the seeing is very good then straight RGB is the order of the day generally for me, but when conditions aren't as favourable IR can often save the day! Shame you had the major dew problems but you've done great in the circumstances.

Pete

Hi Mike Nice shots,

The Jet stream forecast was clear wasn't it,

I tried as well, but the seeing early on wasn't great, Like you said I am suspecting heat impacting with the sub zero temps, over house roofs,  I might  post a example. For peoples  opinion on this

Things started to settle down a touch, Then clouds came over, I waited and got a couple much later, but by now Jupiter was over my house roof, So not great this end.

it shows it can not just be jet stream problems. The scope was cooled outside in the shed for three hours so I don't think its that. Plus fans were on later.

Any way nice shots again

Not sure if you know. But on registax if you click RGB balance then Auto balance it will adjust the colours. I find it does a reasonable guess at the colour weights.

What  I do is check registax. Colour balance, as mentioned.  But  I don't do it there. I do the same adjustments that Registax said were needed, on image analyser under colour correction colour balance and curves, RGB,

select scale.

You then see the three colours Like registax. I find by looking at what registax said, but didn't do, Then doing the adjustment

on analyser gives a better result. why I am unsure.

Hi Mike Nice shots,

The Jet stream forecast was clear wasn't it,

I tried as well, but the seeing early on wasn't great, Like you said I am suspecting heat impacting with the sub zero temps, over house roofs,  I might  post a example. For peoples  opinion on this

Things started to settle down a touch, Then clouds came over, I waited and got a couple much later, but by now Jupiter was over my house roof, So not great this end.

it shows it can not just be jet stream problems. The scope was cooled outside in the shed for three hours so I don't think its that. Plus fans were on later.

Any way nice shots again

Not sure if you know. But on registax if you click RGB balance then Auto balance it will adjust the colours. I find it does a reasonable guess at the colour weights.

What  I do is check registax. Colour balance, as mentioned.  But  I don't do it there. I do the same adjustments that Registax said were needed, on image analyser under colour correction colour balance and curves, RGB,

select scale.

You then see the three colours Like registax. I find by looking at what registax said, but didn't do, Then doing the adjustment

on analyser gives a better result. why I am unsure.

Thanks Neil

I will give that a go :-)

Archived