NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 29/11 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Managed to sneak out for a run this morning.   Seeing was intermittently good, but some high level cloud was causing a few issues with trans and the conditions were a little gusty and shaking the big newt.   However, I managed to get 6 runs in at around F15/3600mm with the QHY5L-IIM.   First time recording AVI, so a curious bayer pattern present in the preview window and recorded captures, though I think PIPP resolved this (may have to check correct settings).

LRGB and RGB - first run of the morning and quick process as the kids are up ;)

post-26731-0-59461200-1417246327.png     post-26731-0-08509600-1417246333.png

Nice to get some better data in, but need my proper glasses and a proper look at the processing.

Nicely done Jake :-)

I had intended to have a go too this morning but my 4 week old has the snuffles and is keeping us awake ....and then my 2 year old decided she would get up at 5 so that was the end of that !

Your pics have a nice natural feel and are inspiring me. I haven't imaged Jupiter since I got my new planet cam last June so your pics are revving me up ! :-) Alas getting a clear sky and the children all sleeping is a tad tricky at the moment ! :-)

Nicely done Jake :-)

I had intended to have a go too this morning but my 4 week old has the snuffles and is keeping us awake ....and then my 2 year old decided she would get up at 5 so that was the end of that !

Your pics have a nice natural feel and are inspiring me. I haven't imaged Jupiter since I got my new planet cam last June so your pics are revving me up ! :-) Alas getting a clear sky and the children all sleeping is a tad tricky at the moment ! :-)

All astro parents can empathise with that problem [emoji3] I literally have to sneak out as Lou and Sophie sleep so lightly. Though George would sleep through the end of the world!

After seeing what you've pulled out of Uranus, I expect to see surface detail on all four of the main moons ;-) If the mist and fog hold off tomorrow looks a good chance.

Those are lovely shots Jake. Certainly a lot of detail nabbed. Looking good there Jake. :smiley:  Cloudy with drizzle here :sad: I have three teenagers so problems of a different kind! - never stops lol!

best regards,

Ralph

Thanks Stuart and Simon, my forecast is looking fogged out for tomorrow morning - a real shame as the seeing (Unisys 300mb chart) was looking very promising.    Hopefully you guys will get some data further up country.

Nice shot with the new scope Jake!  I think we are all waiting patiently for the clear nights and good seeing.

All our kids have left home now, and even the grandkids are older, but we have a great grandson now - luckily he lives too far away for us to babysit!!

Angie

Archived