Hello from South Africa / 127 SLT Question

Wasabi-RSM

Hello fellow stargazers :-)

I have been browsing your forums for quite some time, and used a lot of your knowledge, and so now I wanted to introduce myself, and also add a question which I cannot seem to get a resolution for if you wont mind...

I'm from South Africa, and have had a SkyWatcher 200P Auto Tracking Dob for a few years, now, and recently (last week) purchased a new Celestron NexStar 127 SLT due to its portability and its GoTo mount...

Everything works GREAT, however, my Anti-Backlash doesnt seem to have any effect on changing slewing directions?

I have had it from -0 +0 to -99 +99 (which seems to be the maximum), but there is still a approx. 12 second delay when slewing left to right at a speed setting of "3", slightly less and "4" and so on...

The altitude seems to work well, I can notice the it changes direction much faster.

Am I doing something wrong?

I know there are numerous questions of this nature, and I have been through most, if not all, of them, but cannot get this to work as expected?

Thank you,

And clear skies to you all :-)

HI and welcome to SGL - You may find a better response to your specific question if you post it in the mount section as there are folks who frequent the main forums but not necessarily the welcome section.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Archived