Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sh2-132 in bicolour

Epicycle

Hi,

this is part of a project slightly longer than usual. The idea is to capture this beautiful nebula (Sh2-132) at the border between in Cepheus

and Lacerta at two different scales: one narrower with the 130pds and another wider with the Megrez 72. (For the wide field I'll also use

the narrower one for better resolution at the heart of nebula).

Here is a first go at the focal length of the 130pds and for now is just bicolour since the weather is not cooperating at the moment

(The wider field image may take a while since I'll go for at least another 10hs in Ha with the Megrez). There was more OIII than expected.

Data:

-31x1200 Astrodon 5nm Ha with the 130pds

-6x1800 Astrodon 3nm OIII with Megrez 72

Mount:HeQ5, Camera: SXVR-H9

Processed in Pixinsight with touches Photoshop (selective colour and High Pass filter).

Comments and feedback very welcome as ever. Thanks for looking!

Epicycle

More details in astrobin:

get.jpg

post-25876-0-14056300-1411895610_thumb.j

Wow this is totally stunning, I love the colours you have pulled out 

Thanks!

31x1200...... thats a lot of data! You've more patience than I have! :)

Excellent colour, tons of OIII as well.

Thanks Rob. This one is a little fainter than usual, so it requires lots of subs (and I had to throw quite a few away, auch!).

There are all kinds of intriguing shapes and forms coming out in the dust. Very pleasing.

It's  a beautiful nebula, I'm hoping the wide field image will show more. There have been some awesome widefield shots here at SGL showing the complexity

in both Ha and Oiii of this area.

Archived