Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak 60 CB & a matching CCD

Rush

Hallo,

Its nice 2 write to you  spacewalkers and stargazers out there.Im new 2 this lounge.All of U inspired me to go deeper into the vastness of Mother Universe :)

A liile help,im in need 2 find a proper matching CCD/Mono for my New Tak 60 CB set up.Any suggestions Please ?

Till now an EOS imager, now urging 4 noiseless images.

thanx and Clear skies

Rush

post-39070-0-74185200-1411216050.jpeg

Hi Rush and welcome to SGL. Do you have a budget in mind for the CCD camera? Do you prefer mono or colour? Have a look at the field of view calculator http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fovcalc.php and put in various camera and scope combo's - You will see the huge difference you can expect in field of view depending on the chip size.

Hope that helps and look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanx Philip & Sara,

If the FOV calculator is spot on,suggests smaller chips like in Attik 420 and 320E.

Here is a  firstlight shot with a Canon 500 DA,Garnet Star region full of colour noise.

Sara,do u think i can bring down the colour noise  with a Monochrom cooled CCD ?

clear skies

post-39070-0-27167400-1411223875.jpg

Any cooled CCD, be it colour or mono will bring the noise levels down compared to a DSLR. You need to decide which of these you prefer!

Personally, having used a DSLR, colour CVD and mono I find the mono easier to process and much more versatile. If you have light pollution for example narrowband filters are a real boon. Mono all the way for me.

If you search the imaging discussion forum I expect you can find the rather large mono v's colour which was around a number of months ago.

Hi Rush and welcome to SGL, I have to agree with James, you have an extremely nice setup and the more in-depth questions relating to AP would, I feel, be better received in our imaging sections, where you are more likely to get a positive response, enjoy your AP :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello stargazers,

thanx 4 ur warm regards and help.

After listening to ur professional advice,checked FOV s up and down and all the +/- of noise and pixelpuzzles, bought myself a CCD Atik 420m.Was not really easy

" The Decision"

Last night i had the chance to expose it to the Moonlit sky,Was unable to focus,its looks like a 1 millimeter business not going right.

Dont know if its the filter wheel creating light path reduction. Looks as if i have to use a thin extension tube in between flattner and FW.

Enclosed is a 60 sec luminious shot out of fous (IC 1396) and a DSLR in focus with same set up.

Sending U all out there,

Peace,Love, and a little Pelican :)

Rush

post-39070-0-84767400-1412945521.jpg

post-39070-0-46498400-1412945558.jpeg

Archived