NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bye Bye AP from home :(

Dave_D

well, my AP from home will soon be deader than a dead thing in a dead competition thanks to the discriminatory practices of my local housing association in refusing to let me get a 3 bedroom house so i can have all my kids at the same time... just because they don't live with me permanently... yeah, like the bedroom tax really applies to people like me in full time work.

wonder if i can take legal action against them for discrimination against fathers with access to their kids???

only place they'll offer me is a blumming aweful 1st floor flat, with no parking, no space for me to make anything and certainly nowhere for me to set up my scope (let alone having to carry it up and down stairs)

ho hum...

Just moved out of a 2nd floor flat after 5.5 years, it certainly got tiring moving all my astro gear up & down stairs to the communal garden or the car to take to a darker site.

I'm now in a 3-bed semi with a large garden, with plans being made for a permanent observatory.

Hang in there bud.

feel for you Dave...ive been without my own house for nearly 2yrs now...so many little places for sale on the edge of the peak district with great skies...and im still waiting for my fair share :mad:

don't worry cal it will be worth the wait, when you get it house party? :D

Hi Dave.

Hang in there good things will come.

I'm in south manchester too but find it difficult to get any decent viewing in withthe trafford centre lights beaming in one direction and the city centre in another :( Where do you go at the minute?

finally got to have a proper look at the flat i'm moving to. there is actually an enclosed area i can use for the scope. no south view whatsoever (but i don't have that here either) and east/north/west is obscured to about 45 degrees but i can't image below that anyway with local LP. plus, only 1 street light is visible and that's partly hidden by a tree :D but it's a good excuse to complete a much larger power pack so i can go totally remote at the dark(ish) site at High Legh observatory...

and to be honest, it could be far worse...

even got a hideyhole for a pillar drill to :D

I lived in a flat for about 8 years with a small balcony. It had a balcony above and street lights close by, making a small window of observable sky. However, when I moved to a house with a garden I moved down the hill into a dip. The general air pollution/mist etc seems to be far worse in the new place, so in some ways the flat was better. I think as long as you have some way of doing it you will get on even if it's not as convenient.

Hi Dave,when the dark nights kick in your more than welcome to come an setup round mine.

Got that job at Carrington power station by the way,started monday.

Kenny

well done on the job :D and thanks for the offer. I went down to High Legh btw. they have a good setup there and the site is easily the darkest i've seen within 30 minutes drive.

Archived