Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Wizard nebula with the 130pds

Epicycle

Hi,

I had a go at the Wizard (NGC 7380) with the 130pds in Hubble palette.

The Data:

21x20m in Ha (Astrodon 5nm)

7x20m in OIII (Astrodon 3nm)

6x20m in SII (Astrodon 5nm)

Camera: SXVR-H9, Mount:HEQ5, guided off axis with SX mini-filter wheel and Costar.

Processed in Pixinsight with some touches in Photoshop.

More details in astrobin: get.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking!

cheers

Epicycle

post-25876-0-02304400-1408123428_thumb.j

Outstanding image.

I'm at the very early stages of imaging and with examples like this setting the standards I have a very long and experimental road ahead of me.

many thanks for putting the light on at the end of a very long tunnel.

Andy

Outstanding image.

I'm at the very early stages of imaging and with examples like this setting the standards I have a very long and experimental road ahead of me.

many thanks for putting the light on at the end of a very long tunnel.

Andy

Cheers Andy. When I started on the AP route I felt very much like you, I'm sure you'll progress quicker than you expect and the tunnel will not be that long.

(Also you want the tunnel to have some minimum length otherwise is not fun; goldilocks tunnel length?)

E.

Very nice, great colour.!

Fay

Thanks Fay.

Nice image. Well done.

Thank you.

Stunning image...

Thanks Martin.

Looking good, seems as though you have whipped that telescope into shape. Good stars, nothing to complain about either :) looks like I have a competitor with the 130...lol. :D

Cheers Rob. I'll take that as a very serious compliment, but I doubt I can match your elaborate focuser modifications! (and the chip of the H9 is much smaller than the 383,

so it's easier),

E.

Great image and processing skills. Well done.

Thanks!

Very, very good.  You must be pleased.

Barry

Thanks Barry! Yes, I'm happy. The 130pds is not perfect, in the sense that the focuser is not great and can't really be upgraded, but it's tolerable.

With the tension screw tight enough it holds focus very well for a couple of hours. I measured the fwhm using the PI script fwhmExcentricity for about 7 consecutive

20m subs and it remained pretty much constant, and so did the eccentricity, which means tilt is not serious. What bothers me is that stars appear a bit "chopped"

(I mentioned this in another thread), but hey, it's a £165 scope so I can live with that,

E.

You must be pleased with that. An absolutely brilliant image. Very jealous.

Peter

Thanks!

Super colours, really rich and deep. Great detail as well, what a stunner.

Thanks Sara.

Stunning image, very nice indeed.

M

Thanks!

Archived