NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun spots Aug 3rd

Space Cowboy

Should have been a full disk mosaic but after taking this image the cloud came over and 20 mins passed before I could image the rest of the disk and in the mean time the focas had changed so all the rest is blurred! School boy error I should have tweaked just to make sure. Very breezy conditions.

Tried some false colour on this one. QHY5L-II Colour cam and Skymax 127 with focal reducer.

(Click image for full scale)

post-4016-0-21628700-1407075330_thumb.pn

Thanks Pete!

Cheers Alex I need to improve my "laptop shroud" so I can see the screen more clearly and notice when the focus changes. At the moment I'm sitting in the middle of the garden with a towel over my head like a disgruntled Andy Murray! :angry4:

Great shot Stuart.

At home, I sit in my garage or summerhouse, with the scope outside, depending on where the sun is.  At work the laptop is in the boot of my car and whilst abroad, it was a beach towel over my head and laptop, works really well, even if you do look a little silly.  I am old enough now to pass it off as eccentric, if you are a little younger just say 'like whatever'.

Robin

Archived