Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fourth Light Remote Autonomous Setup - NGC6888 Crescent - 35hrs

jjongmans

This is our (together with with Yves, 'vdb' on SGL) fourth light of our robotic remote setup. This time a nice narrowband object, The Crescent Nebula. This image is a combination of 6 channels; Hydrogen-alpha, Oxygen-III, Sulfur-II and RGB for correct star color. We spent 35 hours on this object, that's our record for now. Seeing fluctuated during the 8 days we images this object, it was between 2" and 5".

2014/07/17, 2014/07/16, 2014/07/15, 2014/07/14, 2014/07/12, 2014/07/10, 2014/07/09, 2014/06/27
1686.32 mm @ f/6.64
0.661 "/pixel
FOV 36' 0.5" x 27' 10.8"
21.50 mag/arcsecond2
Guiding rms 0.3"
-20°C
35 hrs:
12x 300 sec. RGB stars unbinned
21x 1800 sec. hydrogen-α unbinned
24x 1800 sec. oxygen-III unbinned
19x 1800 sec. sulfur-II unbinned
Software: ACP Observatory Control Software, ACP Scheduler and Maxim DL, Auto-guiding with Maxim DL, Auto-focusing with FocusMax, PixInsight, Adobe Photoshop CS6
ngc6888_nb_full_v1.jpg

Yes, that's really rather good. Time most definitely well spent. I particularly like the colour result from mixing RGB and narrowband data. Please can you elaborate on how you have done this - which channels have what data? I presume that you have made an RGB layer of the stars and added it with blend mode 'colour'?

This definitely proves that time with the shutter open is our best friend when it comes to creating stunning images.

What's next for the Robo-Scope?

Brilliant jjongmans and Yves,   35 hours wow.  I have 2 browsers open, one on jjongmans picture, one Yves - flicking back and forth, and this is on a laptop, note to self: repeat with larger screen later.   What a productive back garden Olly has.

Brilliant jjongmans and Yves,   35 hours wow.  I have 2 browsers open, one on jjongmans picture, one Yves - flicking back and forth, and this is on a laptop, note to self: repeat with larger screen later.   What a productive back garden Olly has.

Monique's potatoes are delicious...  :grin:

I love Yves' rendition as well. The differences (like whether or not to use NR and the balancing of colour) lie at the heart of of many debates in AP and give each person their own style. In this case I'm happy to sit on my garden fence!

Olly

Very nice work guys. When I take a close look at the first full size version; there is a very small grain background noise present? I would have thought the

very long exposures would have removed all the background noise? Or was this artificially introduced during the processing?

Pieter

Stunning work. I'm shooting this target too, and you're a hard act to follow, especially from such a dark site....great...I love a challenge :-)

What scope and camera?

Archived