Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

jjongmans

Members
  • Content Count

    220
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

213 Excellent

1 Follower

About jjongmans

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://jeffreyjongmans.nl

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    The Netherlands
  1. Together with with Yves, ('vdb' on SGL) I shot M101 with our robotic remote setup. 1687.21 mm @ f/6.64 0.661 "/pixel FOV 36' 10.6" x 27' 5.3" 21.50 mag/arcsecond2 -20°C 24.75 hrs: 31x 900 sec. luminance unbinned 24x 900 sec. red unbinned 20x 900 sec. green unbinned 24x 900 sec. blue unbinned Software: ACP Observatory Control Software, ACP Scheduler and Maxim DL, Auto-guiding with Maxim DL, Auto-focusing with FocusMax, PixInsight, Adobe Photoshop CS6 More details
  2. This is our (together with with Yves, 'vdb' on SGL) fifth light of our robotic remote setup. 1687.21 mm @ f/6.640.661 "/pixelFOV 36' 10.6" x 27' 5.3"21.50 mag/arcsecond2Guiding rms 0.3"-20°C33.75 hrs:59x 900 sec. luminance unbinned13x 1800 sec. red unbinned13x 1800 sec. green unbinned12x 1800 sec. blue unbinnedSoftware: ACP Observatory Control Software, ACP Scheduler and Maxim DL, Auto-guiding with Maxim DL, Auto-focusing with FocusMax, PixInsight, Adobe Photoshop CS6More details
  3. This is our (together with with Yves, 'vdb' on SGL) fourth light of our robotic remote setup. This time a nice narrowband object, The Crescent Nebula. This image is a combination of 6 channels; Hydrogen-alpha, Oxygen-III, Sulfur-II and RGB for correct star color. We spent 35 hours on this object, that's our record for now. Seeing fluctuated during the 8 days we images this object, it was between 2" and 5". 2014/07/17, 2014/07/16, 2014/07/15, 2014/07/14, 2014/07/12, 2014/07/10, 2014/07/09, 2014/06/271686.32 mm @ f/6.640.661 "/pixelFOV 36' 0.5" x 27' 10.8"21.50 mag/arcsecond2Guiding rms 0.3"-20°C35 hrs:12x 300 sec. RGB stars unbinned21x 1800 sec. hydrogen-α unbinned24x 1800 sec. oxygen-III unbinned19x 1800 sec. sulfur-II unbinnedSoftware: ACP Observatory Control Software, ACP Scheduler and Maxim DL, Auto-guiding with Maxim DL, Auto-focusing with FocusMax, PixInsight, Adobe Photoshop CS6More details
  4. This is our (together with with Yves, 'vdb' on SGL) third light of our robotic remote setup. Data shot on 2014/06/20, 2014/06/01, 2014/05/31, 2014/05/29, 2014/05/28 Focal length 1687.36 mm Focal ratio f/6.64 Image resolution 0.660 arcsec/pixel Sky quality 21.50 mag/arcsecond2 Sensor temperature -20°C 23 hours total exposure time 48x 900 sec. luminance unbinned 6x 1800 sec. red unbinned 8x 1800 sec. green unbinned 8x 1800 sec. blue unbinned Image acquisition with ACP Observatory Control Software, ACP Scheduler and Maxim DL Auto-guiding with Maxim DL Auto-focusing with FocusMax PixInsight for calibration, alignment and integration. Adobe Photoshop CS6 for final touch. More details
  5. This is our (together with with Yves ('vdb' on SGL)) second light of our robotic remote setup. It took a while to gather all the data, but finally after two months I can present our spring object NGC4565. Weather wasn't always that good, and I had to reject lot of failed lights because of the moon and clouds. But we still gathered a nice set of data. More details
  6. I spent two night on M100 and NGC4312. The Moon rose late so I had a nice black sky. The second night there were some clouds, so I rejected some frames. FWHM was between 2.28" and 3.18". Details
  7. Finally!! After months of preparation and testing, We (I'm working together with Yves ('vdb' on SGL)) can present our first light of our robotic remote telescope which is located under perfect dark skies (link)! We chose a galaxy, because of course it's galaxy season. We began our preparations late 2012, started testing mid 2013, installed the setup onsite late 2013, and now I can present our first light. We still need to tweak lots of settings, but I'm very happy with this first product, up to the next one! Details This is my processing:
  8. Might as well post our (Yves and I) first light, my processing:
  9. That would be a 10" carbon GSO RC, reduced with a CCDT67 to f/5.5, on a ASA DDM60 Pro mount, with a QSI 683wsg-8.
  10. I spent two nights on this galaxy. It wasn't the best data, because of an interfering Moon and passing clouds. FWHM was between 2.08" and 3.57". Details
  11. Look stunning Olly! Made possible by the darkest skies
  12. Conditions were not too good. I needed to delete some frames because of passing clouds at the beginning of the session. The rest of the night was pretty good; FWHM between 2.44" and 2.84". Because of the clouds I wasn't able to shoot new flats, so I used old flats which don't function optimal. I also needed to crop off a reasonable big area with reflections, don't know what caused it, but I think I'll will remove the CCDT67 reducer. And I surely need to collimate the OTA again. Details
  13. Binning doesn't increase sensitivity, it lowers noise.
  14. I'll only use it reduced to f/5.5 Better rule of thumb is that I want to sample my average seeing 4 or 5 times. I often get a seeing around 2", so I want an imagescale of 0.5"/px.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.