Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arduino Ascom focuser Mark2

tekkydave

Do you mean you want an indication of some sort in the FocusAAF2 program so you can tell if the focuser is moving when you can't see it.

I have added a link to the Wiki section of the SF site http://sourceforge.net/p/arduinoascomfocuser/wiki/To-Do%20List/ to keep track of any requests - I've added yours to it.

Thanks Dave.

Installed on windows 7 64 and I had done the manual instal before but not this time.

Seeing the focused stop on the aaf2 would be excellent.

Hi Dave, been trying to manually install the same as before but can't get past getting the cmd prompt to recognise NET Framework, get a message "The system cannot find the specified path"

This is on a Bootcamp partition on a Macbook Pro if that makes any difference, the only difference it's making to me is it hasn't got a "print screen" key so I can't post a screen shot.

Running command prompt window as administrator.

If I type "C\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 regasm" I get the above message.

Also tried browsing to the driver in device manager to set it but it doesn't recognise it

Dave

Did you type a colon after the C

Edited by tekkydave

I may find some time tomorrow to try on win7pro64 laptop that already has earlier version working, would I need to uninstall or just install V2.4.0 over ?

Davey-T, if I look in C\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\    I have a RegAsm.exe ( I also have C\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\   folder with I presume a 64 bit version of RegAsm.exe )

laters Mick

You will need to uninstall the previous version either using the installer for that version (right-click & select uninstall) or use the Uninstall Program facility in the Windows Control Panel.

Thanks

Pity I can't paste it in.

Dave

I can right click in the cmd window and am offered paste,   win7pro 64bit again

I am sure this is the line I pasted originally (July 2014) on my 32bit xp netbook :

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files\AAF2\AAF2\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"

not sure how that works with the current version............  and of course the address is slightly different for 64bit and whatever.

tekky, will try tomorrow - (geek uninstaller works well for me on windows)

(just updated the map on my satnav - half a day would be an understatement !!! )

Edited by Mick J

Hi all, got as far as getting regasm to work.

If I dig down to the AAF2 Folder I get path  C:\Program Files(x86)\ ASCOM\ AAF2.Focuser\ ASCOM,AAF2.Focuser.dll

Is this what I need to enter in regasm ?

When I do I get an error message "Program is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

Hi all, got as far as getting regasm to work.

If I dig down to the AAF2 Folder I get path  C:\Program Files(x86)\ ASCOM\ AAF2.Focuser\ ASCOM,AAF2.Focuser.dll

Is this what I need to enter in regasm ?

When I do I get an error message "Program is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Dave

I think you need to be in this directory first

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

then run

regasm "Driver Location"

on my test machine the ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll file is in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser

so I would run

regasm "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser"

Hope that helps. Off to bed now - work tomorrow :grin:

Hello Dave (tekkydave),

This is my first post on this forum (and you could add me as another successful user of your focuser).

First of all a BIG THANK YOU! for your efforts! I have been using your focuser and software for quite a while in my observatory (LX200 8" classic with custom-modified belt-driven Meade-focuser). I am observing variable stars (member of AAVSO), and I use your driver in an ASCOM 6.1 environment. I use Sequence-Generator Pro ("SG-Pro") for my observing control, and it works well with AAF2  :smiley:.

Lately I "upgraded" my PC to a newer version with Win8.1 as the OS (not recommended, but it was a cheap deal...). I have been battling the "safety" features of Win8.1 since (but successfully).

Here is why I finally post (additional to my "thank you"): 

1) Your last update (V2.4) worked perfectly in regard to installation and registering (Win8.1, 64-bit)!!

[ I uninstalled the former version first, then also updated my Arduino version to the newest, installed the needed libraries in the Arduino IDE, uploaded the new "ino"-file and ran your new AAF2 windows driver installer (no manual install/registering anymore, yaeehh...).]

2) AAF2Test and AAF2Focus work flawlessly.

3) But now the big test:   How would everything work with SG-Pro? SG-Pro has several ways to operate the focuser (also autofocusing!): Additional to the programmatic control (could not test, yet, due to unsupportive weather), SG-Pro allows manual control through a "Control Panel" with fine and coarse relative movements, and a "Go To" with absolute positioning. Here is something different now: Whereas the "Go to" appears to work fine, the "fine" and "coarse" controls do not show any updated positioning (but the focuser seem to move correctly).

I am not sure what you have changed in the new code(s), but all worked in the former version.  I had no time, yet, to compare the ino-files.

I am sure it is only a small problem that can be solved without a big effort (famous words...).

In any case: Thank you again for this great effort (you are one of my heroes)!

Cheers,

Helmar 

• Like 1

Hello Dave (tekkydave),

This is my first post on this forum (and you could add me as another successful user of your focuser).

First of all a BIG THANK YOU! for your efforts! I have been using your focuser and software for quite a while in my observatory (LX200 8" classic with custom-modified belt-driven Meade-focuser). I am observing variable stars (member of AAVSO), and I use your driver in an ASCOM 6.1 environment. I use Sequence-Generator Pro ("SG-Pro") for my observing control, and it works well with AAF2  :smiley:.

Lately I "upgraded" my PC to a newer version with Win8.1 as the OS (not recommended, but it was a cheap deal...). I have been battling the "safety" features of Win8.1 since (but successfully).

Here is why I finally post (additional to my "thank you"): 

1) Your last update (V2.4) worked perfectly in regard to installation and registering (Win8.1, 64-bit)!!

[ I uninstalled the former version first, then also updated my Arduino version to the newest, installed the needed libraries in the Arduino IDE, uploaded the new "ino"-file and ran your new AAF2 windows driver installer (no manual install/registering anymore, yaeehh...).]

2) AAF2Test and AAF2Focus work flawlessly.

3) But now the big test:   How would everything work with SG-Pro? SG-Pro has several ways to operate the focuser (also autofocusing!): Additional to the programmatic control (could not test, yet, due to unsupportive weather), SG-Pro allows manual control through a "Control Panel" with fine and coarse relative movements, and a "Go To" with absolute positioning. Here is something different now: Whereas the "Go to" appears to work fine, the "fine" and "coarse" controls do not show any updated positioning (but the focuser seem to move correctly).

I am not sure what you have changed in the new code(s), but all worked in the former version.  I had no time, yet, to compare the ino-files.

I am sure it is only a small problem that can be solved without a big effort (famous words...).

In any case: Thank you again for this great effort (you are one of my heroes)!

Cheers,

Helmar

Thanks for your kind words. Have you upgraded from a much earlier version i.e pre 2.2

There were lots of changes in 2.2 as the temperature measurement was added which puts a bit more strain on the nano.

Using Win7 ultimate 64bit laptop

This morning uninstalled AAF2 v2.3 using geek uninstaller,  downloaded AAF2 v2.4 and ran the new installer,  

accepted default to install to   C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser   all went well.

AAF2Test (snapshot below),   FocusAAF2 same,  still using the 2.3 sketch,  so uploaded new sketch and all looks the same.

I have the empty AAF2trace folder in documents.

I guess that has worked, is there anything else I should be looking for ?

post-37988-0-85185500-1429517844.png

• Like 1

Uninstalled and reinstalled from a new download, this is where I am ATM

If I update the driver  manually which file do I need to point it to ?

Dave

post-21198-0-26588800-1429526992.png  post-21198-0-94703300-1429526992.png

Edited by Davey-T

Hi Dave :)  I've downloaded your MSI file and run it on my Asus laptop running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit and it went straight through, no problem, ending up with message saying successful install.  Would you like me to do anything else or is that all you wanted to know?

Davey-T,   this is what I see, may not be any help - early disclaimer  :smiley:

With my focuser attached to the laptop, AAF2 open (or AAF2Test), from the Ascom Focuser Chooser alert click properties, enter the com port number that device manager shows (different every time for me).

Click OK and then Connect,  and should be good to go.   If that's not the case then I cannot help.  

In Device Manager I can get the com number.  see below  -  I can see from your snapshot that you are not getting that option, perhaps your focuser is not attached ?   (edit:  just removed my focuser and the com port option has gone from Device Manager)

post-37988-0-47890800-1429528665.png

post-37988-0-36643500-1429528815.png

Edited by Mick J

You need to give regasm the location of the driver. See my last post last night. Sorry Im on my phone as sgl is blocked from work :shock:

So I don't need to include "AAF2 Focuser.dll  on the end ? as per post #668

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

Davey-T,  looking at your snapshots posts #665 & #668 I am surprised it's not working. If it's any help your AAF2.Focuser folder looks just like mine, same dates/file sizes etc.

If you have to install manually can you not put the calls in cmd in one line something like this

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"

I don't know if the mac is not helping or some of the chevrons/spaces/coma's.........

not even sure if I am being helpful now.

See my post #668 that's what I've done unless you can spot a coma or something out of place :)

tried putting them all continuos but get the same error message

Dave

Edited by Davey-T