Greetings from Israel!

ak47

hello everyone!

after writing few posts and threads i thought it would be nice to introduce myself 

I’m an aerospace engineering student and an aviation fanboy, growing up on Star-Trek

and Issak Asimov novels made me a huge space age fanatic and curious about outer space and the universe.

I only got into visual astronomy earlier this year with buying my first binoculars, and this week my first telescope, so i guess this hobby is getting pretty serious for me.

as a beginner i have already learnt alot from you folks and have so much more to learn so I’m  very happy to join this warm community . :biggrin: 

clear skies!

-Liav-

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome from Scotland, where Asimov's books gave me lots to think about, too.

Guess you'll have clearer skies where you are - and, hopefully, you'll not see too many of the weapons that your user name suggests!

You Said: "I only got into visual astronomy earlier this year with buying my first binoculars, and this week my first telescope, so i guess this hobby is getting pretty serious for me."

Aha !!...We captured another one! Be prepared, my friend, to spend huge amounts of money on your new hobby. :) :)

Seriously..A warm welcome to a wonderful site and wonderful members.

thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Ahh, good to see another Asimov fan here. Love his books! Welcome to SGL, Liav! :)

Im a huge fan of the "golden age" sci-fi: Arthur C. Clark, Heinlein, Fredrik Paul etc... and Asimov is my all time favourite

Welcome from Scotland, where Asimov's books gave me lots to think about, too.

Guess you'll have clearer skies where you are - and, hopefully, you'll not see too many of the weapons that your user name suggests!

I live in a big city and the LP is pretty high, the air is also quiet dusty and polluted so unfortunately it is actually difficult to get clear skies where i live  :huh:

You Said: "I only got into visual astronomy earlier this year with buying my first binoculars, and this week my first telescope, so i guess this hobby is getting pretty serious for me."

Aha !!...We captured another one! Be prepared, my friend, to spend huge amounts of money on your new hobby. :) :)

Seriously..A warm welcome to a wonderful site and wonderful members.

hehe you are absolutely right! i just bought the telescope this week and already looking for eyepieces upgrade and several other accessories are on my wish list for the very near future. oh my poor bank account...  :unsure:

Heyyy  :grin:

I remember one of my first exposures to science fiction books was a short story called "The Feeling of Power" by Issac Asimov (from "Nine Tomorrows"). Really great story from what I can remember.

I should re-read it.

Archived