Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 10/6/14 first light with an ASI120MM

DrRobin

Hi,

First light with an ASI120MM bought at IAS last weekend.  First time I have used Firecapture as well.  Unfortunately, there was a little mist and as the Moon was very close I think it lit up the whole area leading to a slight loss of contrast and detail.

Taken with a C11 and ASI120MM at F10.

Robin

post-10602-0-77200700-1402524462_thumb.j

That's great Robin. The mono lark takes some getting used to so that's impressive for a first try! what program are you using to bring the colours out?

Cheers Harvey. - (oh love the dog by the way).

Thanks guys. 

Just to set the record straight I have had a go at mono with a DMK21, but this was the first outing for the ASI120MM.  Red Dwarf, thanks for the tip about the updates, I will look in to that.

Harvey, I took three captures (RGB) and then processed each one in Autostakkert.  If you name the files _R, _G and _B at the end then Registax automatically recognises the colour of each and adds them as a colour image.  However, it didn't want to work correctly on this image, so I coloured and added them in Paint.net (same as PSP or Gimp).

BTW Congrats on a winning entry to the IAS Photo competition, I assume Jupiter was one of yours?

I had another go last night on Saturn, taking two runs of 10,000 frames per colour, but I haven't even started processing them yet.  Hopefully they will be a little better focused and the extra frames will help reduce the noise.

Robin

PS Our dog is called Megan, she is a 5.5 year old Collie/Lab (we think) cross.  She has quite a following as she is on the National Trust website, I could add you as one of her friends if you like?

Thanks guys. 

Just to set the record straight I have had a go at mono with a DMK21, but this was the first outing for the ASI120MM.  Red Dwarf, thanks for the tip about the updates, I will look in to that.

Harvey, I took three captures (RGB) and then processed each one in Autostakkert.  If you name the files _R, _G and _B at the end then Registax automatically recognises the colour of each and adds them as a colour image.  However, it didn't want to work correctly on this image, so I coloured and added them in Paint.net (same as PSP or Gimp).

BTW Congrats on a winning entry to the IAS Photo competition, I assume Jupiter was one of yours?

I had another go last night on Saturn, taking two runs of 10,000 frames per colour, but I haven't even started processing them yet.  Hopefully they will be a little better focused and the extra frames will help reduce the noise.

Robin

PS Our dog is called Megan, she is a 5.5 year old Collie/Lab (we think) cross.  She has quite a following as she is on the National Trust website, I could add you as one of her friends if you like?

Hi Robin. I hadn't been told about the winning entry so it's the first I've heard about it? Where can the results be seen, I can't seem to find anything on the web-site?

Regards

Harvey

Second light, taken last night.  10,000 frames per colour, 10% stacked.

post-10602-0-89051700-1402610215_thumb.j

Making small improvements?

Robin

Harvey, Megan is quite excited about getting more friends, I will have to send you a link to her picture on the NT site.  Did I mention she was also fastest dog at the County show impromtu dog race a couple of years ago? 

Second light, taken last night.  10,000 frames per colour, 10% stacked.

attachicon.gifAS_p10_Drizzle15_Saturn-1_rgb-a.jpg

Making small improvements?

Robin

Harvey, Megan is quite excited about getting more friends, I will have to send you a link to her picture on the NT site.  Did I mention she was also fastest dog at the County show impromtu dog race a couple of years ago? 

Well done Robin. Send me the NT link please and I'll take a look.

Regards Harvey

Archived