Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Portsmouth, UK, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe...

Jonk

Hi Jon and welcome to SGL from me - 10-12 clicks to your south east.    Good luck with the new rig, its a steep curve but a fantastic journey and you'll find a whole lot of helpful advice and encouragement here at all levels.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot about my intro thread...thanks everyone!

Some please steal my money so I can't keep spending it on this stufff.....

Only kidding, I don't have any money!

For the moment whilst I'm on the learning curve, I'll be in the back garden trying to locate and image as things are direct overhead, but when it comes to next winter, there's 2 dark sky sites we will use - Butser and Old Winchester Hill.

It would be interesting to know who else goes to these 2 places?

Hi Jon & welcome to the forum :)

I go to the Butser Ancient Farm site, and am hoping to do so tonight (please make the clouds go away  :angel:).  It's a nice site and a friendly bunch of people, give it a try.  NB.  Facebook is the best way to get in touch with them.

Cheers,

Dave :)

The summer is for the motorbike....!

I am into normal photography, portraits, landscapes, action mainly so have plenty to do. I'll use the summer to learn the equipment so when I get a good winter's night I can spend the time wisely actually imaging rather than learning.

Good advice that's come from this forum, so glad I read it.

Motorbikes and telescopes - welcome to the forum, and I'm sure we'll chat at some point with these common interests dude!

Hi Jon

Like you, I'm new to this but I've just finished reading 'Make every photon count' and I think I learned more about the technical side of photography from that book than from the scores of tomes I've read over the tears.

Good luck and let's pray this rain stops! :smiley:

Cheers

Ken

Archived