SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

backyard eos

Does anyone have the backyard eos program and a long USB cable if so does it work with it, my problem at the moment is that  on my tablet i have dslr controller & a 10metre usb cable but it won't , but with my laptop it works with eos utilities  so before i go spending any of my hard earned i was someone  with backyard eos could let me know thanks for looking

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes the usb is an active one & the system is 8.1 windows the cable works fine with the l/top & utilities but i'd rather have used dslr controller it's alot easier but i will buy backyard eos if i have too 

I use APT - which is similar to BYE but free to download and try out. It can be used with PHD and Stellariul also  - it also has live view so you can centre and focus.

You can program the canon or other DSLR or CCD (most are covered)  to do a run of  x minutes x times etc

http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Download.aspx

I use APT - which is similar to BYE but free to download and try out. It can be used with PHD and Stellariul also  - it also has live view so you can centre and focus.

You can program the canon or other DSLR or CCD (most are covered)  to do a run of  x minutes x times etc

http://www.ideiki.com/astro/Download.aspx

You get a free months trial with BYEOS aswel  :smiley:

My cable is activecable 10 metres long & it works on my win 8.1 with eos utilities ok on my laptop, it wont work with my DSLR controller on my tablet Im wondering the reason tit wont work is the cable is to long for the tablet, I also have a 1.5 metre cable that works ok on both tablet & laptop for the moment i can cope with utilities as im just a noobie at the game

I'm not familiar with the electronics in tablets but possibly the USB socket on the tablet does not provide a 5V supply that would be needed to power the "active" bit of the USB lead?

I can imagine that they might do this to avoid draining the tablet battery.

Does anyone have the backyard eos program and a long USB cable if so does it work with it, my problem at the moment is that  on my tablet i have dslr controller & a 10metre usb cable but it won't , but with my laptop it works with eos utilities  so before i go spending any of my hard earned i was someone  with backyard eos could let me know thanks for looking

If it works with EOS Utility is will work with BackyardEOS.  I use the same drivers to access the camera as EOS Utility does.

Hope this helps,

Guylain

I'm not familiar with the electronics in tablets but possibly the USB socket on the tablet does not provide a 5V supply that would be needed to power the "active" bit of the USB lead?

I can imagine that they might do this to avoid draining the tablet battery.

You can stick some sort USB accessory in the socket to see if it's powered, something like a light or fan.

Dave

Had a looksee on dslr controllers webpage & it says that it may causes freezes & other issuses, so looks like i'll be downloading  byeos, whilst we are  on the subject does anyone know what the difference is between  byeos classic & premium 

Had a looksee on dslr controllers webpage & it says that it may causes freezes & other issuses, so looks like i'll be downloading  byeos, whilst we are  on the subject does anyone know what the difference is between  byeos classic & premium 

Go to the web site, click Products... then click [ compare edition ] at the bottom of the page :)

Guylain

downloaded byeos last night,but had a few issuses with the license number but sorted it now ( not byeos's fault mine )tried itr tonight when i came home from work works a treat with the 10 metre cable, just got to sort the long data cable now & weather permitting it's a go

Some Android tablets , dependant on firmware can utilize otg USB cables. I can use DSLR dashboard with an otg USB cable to control my Nikon D7100 / D300.

Google USB otg cable and your tablet model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000EORX7U?pc_redir=1396792359&robot_redir=1

Hi.

There's also free Canon remote and something called DLSR Controller for Androids. Now, what I really want is a budding Android programmer to produce an app that records the live view feed onto my HTC? That would be extremel very useful.

Tom

Archived