Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 05/04 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

No prizes on this, other than the Extreme PI Foolhardiness.     I caught a single RGB run on Saturn at 00:33hrs this morning, with Saturn just over 12.5 deg above the horizon and abandoned the attempt to move back to Mars - however a quick poke at the data tonight and I think it rates better than only previous attempt this year on 23rd March.

post-26731-0-59843000-1396735363.png

post-26731-0-84083800-1396735645_thumb.p

Thanks to everyone for supportive feedback - it was quite a surprise as the capture preview looked terrible (especially the blue). If conditions allow I will try and stay up later for a more serious attempt.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Thanks Angie, Richard and Stuart - I shall definitely try again in the wee small hours when it rises to the glorious hight of almost 16 degrees!    Stellarium says 15deg 20' for opposition on the 10th May, so looks as though it is slipping away from us now - on the plus side I have until 2023 to save up for a bigger scope/obs and practice my planetary imaging and processing!   At least we have lots of members down South who can keep posting nice images!

Archived