Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 - From Feb

JohnC64

Hi all,
Because of work commitments,  this data has been waiting a while to be processed, but with a free weekend and some cloudy sky, I got there in the end.

Taken on 27th Feb, with the MN190, this is 12 * 3min subs each of  RGBL with the QSI. Slightly misty sky according to my notes, captured with Nebulosity and processed in PixInsight.

More data definitely needed and I also need to go around the processing loop again to concentrate on the star colours, but for now, i'm happy with it

Cheers John

post-12165-0-56081300-1396256746_thumb.p

Thanks all -  there is a bit of a green tint on the posted image that i don't see on my full-size here. I was trying to avoid over saturating the colours and to achieve a subtle processing look.

Many thanks John

Had a play around on the reds and came up with this.  Range mask with individual levels and curves on R,G &B to change the colour balance.  It does bring out a faint dust bunny in red on the top right.
Cheers John

post-12165-0-04453400-1396431191_thumb.p

Archived