Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 from cornwall

Nice image :grin:

Can I ask where you set up in Cornwall?  I have family in Cornwall, Truro and Portreath and am heading down at Easter with my imaging kit and was looking for a good place possible local to Portreath  to set up for the night. Some people say  "stay away from the cliffs"  wind gusts and sea spray plus optics don't mix, other that National Park car parks on the cliffs on the North coast make good seeing

As a Cornish person I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I tend to work out of my van so car parks would be the best option sorry to ask

Allan

based in Nottingham

Nice image :grin:

Can I ask where you set up in Cornwall?  I have family in Cornwall, Truro and Portreath and am heading down at Easter with my imaging kit and was looking for a good place possible local to Portreath  to set up for the night. Some people say  "stay away from the cliffs"  wind gusts and sea spray plus optics don't mix, other that National Park car parks on the cliffs on the North coast make good seeing

As a Cornish person I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I tend to work out of my van so car parks would be the best option sorry to ask

Allan

based in Nottingham

For the darkest skies down that area of Cornwall I'd aim for the Lizard or you could head up to Bodmin Moor which is also very good.

I wouldnt worry about sea spray, your not going to be imaging when its windy so the sea spray wont really effect you.

:)

Archived