SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Free converter for .MOV to .AVI

LeeWilky

Hi all.

I want to shoot some video of the moon with my Nikon d3200 and use the footage for stacking in Registax but the camera shoots HD MOV files and Registax doesnt accept these.

Does anyone know of a decent free converter for MOV to AVI?  the prices of some of the ones you can buy are ridiculous!

Cheers.

Lee

Just run it through PIPP ...  :rolleyes:

One thing to note with all those converter programs is to be extremely careful about the settings and options you select before downloading ... 

Most of them will sneakily download nasty Toolbar/Browser software too if you're not careful and they can be a real pig to get shot of ...  :embarassed:

Not knocking the converters by the way , I use Freemake all the time , issue free ...  :smiley:

Thanks for all the replys guys.  You can see why i asked now as there are som many of them!  I have downloaded a few and at the mo Iwisoft seems the most noob friendly one.

Im new to prper astronomy, Astrophotography and image editing and i didnt realise how much goes into it all!  I did want a new challenge tho :)

Thanks for all the replys guys.  You can see why i asked now as there are som many of them!  I have downloaded a few and at the mo Iwisoft seems the most noob friendly one.

Im new to prper astronomy, Astrophotography and image editing and i didnt realise how much goes into it all!  I did want a new challenge tho :)

Yes its quite easy to use thats why i like it.

Archived