Greetings from the eastern shore of MD.

cap2nd1961

Hello all!

Ive got reasonably dark skies where I live, however its usually cloudy out on nights when I have time to get out with one of my scopes!     Just my luck... haha.  I have had zero luck locating that damned ISON.  Hopefully the remaining bit will show up these coming mornings.   Ive got a couple of scopes.   An 8 inch celestron dobson, a 90 mak, and my latest aquisition a 9.25 SCT on a CG5 mount.   I've been playing with astro photography lately, and Im having a lot of fun with it.   But, I also know I have a lot to learn too.  Mostly tweaking the alignment, and getting exposures right.   At this point Im simply attaching my D90 to a t-ring adapter and using it as a big guided lens.    My next step is hooking my mount to a computer and guiding it with Stellarium.   I also want to get the webcam hookup to do planetary compiled pictures.   Ive been doing a lot of web browsing, its like going back to school.  Except this time it is fun!   :)

Took this on 11/30/2013.   Its a 90 second exposure with my d90 attached directly to the back of the tube.    I was really shocked when i saw the blue and purple hues

, I really wasnt expecting that at all.   One day Ill have this shot dialed in all crisp and clear with no star drift.   ... one day   haha.

1480658_3724986220415_401582055_n.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is amazing what imaging sensors register compared to the human eye and if imaging is your ultimate objective within astronomy, then you have come to the right place as there is a lot of experience within the images sections that can help you advance further.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum

James

Welcome to SGL from another mad imager!!! I would say that guiding is your next adventure so that you can really get nail some long exposures - That will sort out your stars so they will be nice and round!! Then the skies your limit ........... literally!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL mate :)

Looking forward to seeing your pictures in these forums in the near future! Hopefully putting some of my own on one day if we ever get another clear sky lol.

See you around mate.

Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for all the well wishes!  :)   So what is propper procedure for starting a new threads on old questions?  Would you rather I search back through old posts and start up an older thread, or just create a new thread?   Looking forward to learning as much as possible, and from what I've seen already, this forum is quite active.   It seems a lot of forums now days die out due to facebook and twitter use.  But for a subject like Astronomy this forum is the ticket.  

Welcome to SGL Cap2nd1961!

Orioles fan?

Dana

Sorry I am not.   The only sports I really watch is world cup skiing.  :)  not much of a money maker for tv conglomerates.. but Its the only sport Id watch.  Thankfully I can get live and recorded races on the net.  :)  When I have time that is. 

Cheers ~ CAP

Archived