Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to Forum

hemmi

Hello all,  Just joined this forum, as Cloudy Nights seems to have turned into a zoo.

I'm not new to video astronomy, but always learning.  My current video rig is a homemade 10" dod powered by servocat.  The camera is a Mallincam Jr. Pro.  I just had first light on Sat night and only had 1 hour to play.  But so far it looks like this setup will work good.  To be honest I could have bought a nicer video platform for what I spent on making this, but I wanted a decent visual platform also.  Here is my first light image.  Its not great, but I was limited on time (poor focus and alignment). 

post-32769-0-41032200-1383750617.jpgpost-32769-0-35204800-1383750620_thumb.j
Thank you!  Looking forward to some great info sharing!

HEMMI!!!!!  G'day mate. About time you dragged yourself over here!

The people here are really friendly and helpful. And NO arguments!

Hey Ken,  How the heck are you!  At least now I will get notifed when you are on NSN!

Hello all,  Just joined this forum, as Cloudy Nights seems to have turned into a zoo.

I'm not new to video astronomy, but always learning.  My current video rig is a homemade 10" dod powered by servocat.  The camera is a Mallincam Jr. Pro.  I just had first light on Sat night and only had 1 hour to play.  But so far it looks like this setup will work good.  To be honest I could have bought a nicer video platform for what I spent on making this, but I wanted a decent visual platform also.  Here is my first light image.  Its not great, but I was limited on time (poor focus and alignment). 

Welcome to the group Hemmi glad to have you here.

Chris A

Astrogate

Hi All. I'm here too from CN. I follow the Mallincam gang! I have a MCHP (green light) The weather has turned bad and I haven't been out in a while. I love all your pics and helpful kind advice. Josie521

(I want to post a pic or 2 of my equipment but it says file too big?? )

Hi Josie,

welcome here.

Just reduce the size of your images so they fit the requirements.

Try making your images about 1000 pixels wide and try keep under 250kb for each image.

That way they will definitely fit.

You can post larger files, but at least 250kb will fit easy.

Hi Hemmi

Welcome to our motley crew!!

You'll find us pretty friendly - doesn't matter whether you use a video camera, CCD, webcam or your iPhone just so long as your main aim is (near) instant gratification!

You can post screen grabs, photos take off your monitor or even processed images (we all need something to so when it's cloudy - and it's cloudy quite a bit here in the UK!).

Clear skies

Paul

Wow excellent shot Hemmi and welcome to SGL!  I have been looking forward to trying this one all year but not yet had the pleasure...  Thanks for posting :)

Hi Hemmi :)

Welcome to SGL!

Amazing pic of M42! and im sure it looked much better live if thats just your phone :)

Not got a scooby whats going on there with your scope! It looks like a transformer thats halfway through changing into a car lol 

Hi Hemmi :)

Welcome to SGL!

Amazing pic of M42! and im sure it looked much better live if thats just your phone :)

Not got a scooby whats going on there with your scope! It looks like a transformer thats halfway through changing into a car lol 

I like to be different lol.  the handles and wheels are just for transport.  they come off befor ovserving.

Archived