In the grand scheme of things ,,,a"int we insignificant !!!

ALSO LOST IN SPACE

Hello to all stargazers,,

Clear skies to you all,,

A bit about us,,(please d"not fall asleep),,

A few years back our kids gave us a travel telescope for christmas, and we did a bit of moon watching,,got a few photos with a compact digital camera thro" the eyepiece,,

GOT HOOKED,,,and bought a 150 skywatcher explorer,,,spent quite a few hours gazing into the sky,,

Played in a band back in the 60s and after gigs sometimes stared into the sky

and looked at the stars,,,,50 years later the same stars are still shining down,,wish we had retained their SPARKLE,,

Sometimes think when some people are "giving off", they realised how small they really are.

Got lots of questions,,

Hope we didn"t bore you all !!

J and A

Hi J & A, and no, you haven't bored me. I understand what you are saying but I'm afraid I can't agree :D

I am stardust thrown together in just the right way on just the right planet revolving around just the right sun and I can comprehend all of this. If I'm made of the same stuff as stars and I'm insignificant, then aren't the stars. We are small yes, insignificant? nup :).

Just my slant on things

Scott 

Hi J & A, and no, you haven't bored me. I understand what you are saying but I'm afraid I can't agree :D

I am stardust thrown together in just the right way on just the right planet revolving around just the right sun and I can comprehend all of this. If I'm made of the same stuff as stars and I'm insignificant, then aren't the stars. We are small yes, insignificant? nup :).

Just my slant on things

Scott

P"rhaps I chose the wrong word,,,but I"m sure you know what I mean ,,,,

Just my slant on things

Scott

Many peaceful breakfast times spent at Darling harbour before many people arise,,, 

Just my slant on things

Scott

In the grand scheme of things ,,,a"int we insignificant

Well there was a supernova in Delphinus so I have managed to out live that star, probably a good number of others that have gone bang but so far I haven't. So on the basis they aren't shining any more so no, not insignificant.

Well there was a supernova in Delphinus so I have managed to out live that star, probably a good number of others that have gone bang but so far I haven't. So on the basis they aren't shining any more so no, not insignificant.

With greatest respect to your point of view,,,that is like the ant not being trampled by the elephant as it goes thro" the forest,,,

Many peaceful breakfast times spent at Darling harbour before many people arise,,, 

Most of my Brekkies at Darling Harbour were after some fairly hectic alnighters :D. It really is a great place to people watch though. 

Archived